PDA

View Full Version : Which manly boat ramp ?

datamile
15-02-2010, 09:25 PM
My Daughter has started pacer sailing at manly, and we'd thought it would be good to go watch her in the boat, but I know nothing about the manly ramps about from most of the them being private. Where are the public ones ? Do any have pontons, or do I just motor over to one of the marina ones ?

All subject to getting my boat back as its still waiting on a set of injector bolts for a warranty job. Guess I'm lucky its not at the bottom of lake somerset.

bigjimg
15-02-2010, 09:59 PM
Gidday mate. The northern end a public ramp near Coastguard Brisbane no pontoon,but over at the kiosk there is a public pontoon but no ramp and a jetty.At the southern end of the marina ramp with pontoon.Hope this helps.Jim

Angla
16-02-2010, 12:55 AM
The one at the southern end of the Manly Marina is probably your best choice, It is a little shallow for those of us that drive on and drive off but winching would be fine. Just sink the trailer a little deeper.

Cheers
Chris

Axl
16-02-2010, 01:46 AM
The southern ramp next to the RQYS is where the kids normally start out with there training before they venture out of the harbour.There is a pontoon there but it can be quite busy on the weekends.

The northern has no pontoon and as Angla said it is a bit steeper. I use both of them with my 5m alloy C/C winch on and off no worries.

I think that if you were to pull up on one of the private pontoons you would be hurried on fairly quickly.

datamile
16-02-2010, 06:32 AM
Thanks everyone.