PDA

View Full Version : Banks Sat Morning

seawind8
14-02-2010, 08:25 PM
Wasn't a real early start, left mooloolaba at about 6.00am after a line up at the ramp. Decided to head to some wire weed just south of the banks. First baits in the water at about 7.00am with a drift over the first mark. There was very little wind untill the rain cloud came over and then the wind picked up so we decided to head to the next mark about 1nm out. The rain and wind came with us so we decided to anchor on a good show of fish, as soon as the baits hit the bottom we were on but all just under size, squire, red throat lippers, reds and pearlies with a few others thrown in. We did manage to get some decent pearlies to take home. The bite lasted about an hour and then shut down tight, no matter what we did we couldn't loose a bait but still a good show on the sounder. Decided to check another mark but still the same. After sounding for a while headed back to where we got the pearlies and anchored (on a realy good show on the sounder)
Still just the same no bites so we decided to head in, Pulling in the last rod there was a large brown/yellow shape chasing it just below the surface and it nailed it and i watched as 300 meters of 50lb braid then 200 meters of mono disappear, I didn't get a good look at it so i don't know what it was, but after a burnt thumb a hot drag and no line it was time to head in.
Cheers

Tunzafun
14-02-2010, 08:30 PM
Sounds like shark to me?