PDA

View Full Version : restore fibreglass

Wal Sawyer
14-02-2010, 12:49 PM
Hi Im Wals other half, Trace.
Im looking for a product that can restore the shine and hide micro cracks on old fibreglass.:D

marvin
16-02-2010, 10:03 AM
I have used Septone fibreglass polish for older surfaces, bought it from supercheap auto, it can be buffed off by hand or using a electric buffer/polisher. I Do my 30 yr old boat every 12 months and this holds its shine for the year. Cheers Kev.

Steeler
16-02-2010, 10:19 AM
PM Blackened Dave.Boat detailer and have no doubt he will steer you in the right direction,they say he is a good bloke but i'm not so sure.You see he was down my way some time ago at Port Stephen and didn't even offer me a free detail so might have to scrub him from the Christmas card list.

Nah just kidding if you read this Dave.

Cheers

Steve

deckie
16-02-2010, 11:54 AM
I'd think about getting it off the trailer first. Give it a quick acid wash as per directions then hit it with a rubbing compound, or maybe a light 600 -800 wet and dry paper all over as long as u arnt stripping it.

Give an area of interest a polish/wax/buff and if it still needs more simply GIVE UP and have a beer...coz its good enough ;D

Midnight
16-02-2010, 12:52 PM
Gday,
On my 29yr old jigga, wet sand with 2000 wet and dry and then very light cutting compound on the buff worked a treat. But as mentioned, it is a once a year job.

Cheers,
Myles