PDA

View Full Version : CC 575 Explorer Vs Tourmanent 1900

hhb470
09-02-2010, 12:35 PM
Hi,

Considering up dating to either a Cruisecraft 575 Explorer or a Tournament 1900 Bluewater with a 150 hp motor. I live in Victoria and am after some local Queensland feedback for these two Queensland built boats. They are more popular up north than down in Victoria due to limited Victoria dealer outlets.

I will be using the boat 90% in Port Phillip Bay. All feedback greatly welcome.

Thanks Nick.

JB
09-02-2010, 01:17 PM
I'd be going the Cruisecraft on reputation alone.

Catweb
10-02-2010, 01:18 AM
My mate has a CC Exp 5.75. Been in it many times and I have to say it bangs pretty hard in the short gulf chop we get here. I am led to believe PPB has similar conditions to our gulfs.

Perhaps trim tabs would help the ride because it does ride nose high with only the weight of a 130 V4 Yammie 2 stroke and even has perma trim foil. This was fitted later but has done nothing to improve the ride but does get it planing quicker.

I am not famliar with the other boat you mentioned. But if you are going to be contending with a lot of steep, short chop and you are set on a mono hull, I would seriously consider something with a much higher deadrise than a C/C.

Jabba_
10-02-2010, 05:25 AM
The CC is a much, much better and stronger built and designed boat... The Tornament is a budget boat, light and piss weak in strenght..

Angla
10-02-2010, 06:57 AM
I own a 575 outsider and would only trade it on a bigger one. Trim tabs would help for you but I don't find the bruisecraft label a problem at all. You alter you driving on the water to suit the conditions.
The company has a very good following with their ownership meetings. They fished the tea tree classic in '09 I think, held down there.

I have no experience on the other boat.

Duckfish
10-02-2010, 11:12 PM
Ditto to the Cruisecraft. I'd stick to the CC anyday.

Duckfish

BoatMad
11-03-2010, 03:54 PM
Hi HHB470,

There seems some support for the CC. I purchased a 1900 Tournamnet last year after test driving both the 1900 and the 575. Price aside, I thought the 1900 was a far better handling boat.

As for the constuction side I much prefered the fibreglass stringer system in the 1900 to the plywood stringer system in the CC and thought the finish was up there with the best of them. I had a mate buy a Signature a few years back and the finish was prety ordinary for a so called premium brand.

As for Jabba's comments on it being piss weak, how does he substaniate this? based on what, is he a boat builder and has he been through the factory?

HHB470, try and organise a test ride in both and make your own decision, it worked for me.

Jabba_
11-03-2010, 05:23 PM
Been out in one.. Felt like the hull was going to cave in when we where heading out in 1m swell with 10kn breaze,,, Sounded hollow and thin in the hull... It's feels light, small chops was making it move around much more then what I am use to... The cabin was also shaking about alot compared to other rigs I am firmilar with...

The CC 575 felt so much more sure footed while under way and at rest, and was a softer ride, felt sterdy and solid when it landed to one side...

Simply put, the Tornament felt like a cork bobbing around, where the CC felt solid on the water...

ospery888
11-03-2010, 06:28 PM
have a look at the evoulation boats solid as, excellent write up and build quality they have a tset on trailerboat fisherman not sure when ,but i think the web site is www.marinenews.com.au (http://www.marinenews.com.au) thanks mike

TJ Bear
11-03-2010, 07:10 PM
Would definatly go the CC, good quality and long standing reputation, I think the CC would also have far better resale down the line as well.