PDA

View Full Version : Rod to suit Daiwa Pluton

longone
09-02-2010, 12:18 PM
Just picked up a Daiwa Pluton from the States and am looking around for a rod. Does anyone have any recommendations? Not too worried about the cost just want something that will handle the job. Any assistance/experiences is appreciated. Cheers, Longone

NAGG
09-02-2010, 06:43 PM
Just picked up a Daiwa Pluton from the States and am looking around for a rod. Does anyone have any recommendations? Not too worried about the cost just want something that will handle the job. Any assistance/experiences is appreciated. Cheers, Longone

What is the target species & size of the braid that you intend to use

Chris

longone
09-02-2010, 11:29 PM
Ok, valid question mate. I will probably run 30lb braid and use it to chase fingermark and Jacks up North. We have caught Fingermark up to 75cm inshore at Lucinda. I was using a Saltiga Expedition on a Smith rod last year and it was just too heavy (obviously) so got this to fill the void. Got easily outfished by my mate with his Bluebacker and some random short stick he was using and liked the look of the Pluton to one up his kit ;)

longone
09-02-2010, 11:31 PM
I live OS so havent got the photos from Lucinda but if you have seen recent BCF catalogues one of the photos is in there.

NAGG
10-02-2010, 01:35 PM
My pick would be a Millerod Gulf Bass - This rod would allow you to fish 30lb to the hilt while not being like a broom stick - probably costs around $550.

If you want a longer rod a Pflueger Supreme AST Impoundment barra would be pretty good too ($450)

There are plenty of barra type rods that will do the job - specially if casting lures

Chris

longone
10-02-2010, 03:01 PM
Thanks Nagg! Do you know where I can get the Millerod Gulf Bass in Aus? Or the US for that matter? Seems like the way to go, Cheers

NAGG
10-02-2010, 08:23 PM
Thanks Nagg! Do you know where I can get the Millerod Gulf Bass in Aus? Or the US for that matter? Seems like the way to go, Cheers

Try the www.millerods.com.au website _ I'm pretty sure Ian sends his rods all over the world .

longone
14-02-2010, 01:51 PM
Thanks Nagg! I have tried to contact them through the website but havent recieved a reply. There is also very little about it online. I thought I could just order one through the website but it seems to be a difficult item to get your hands on:-/

try to fish
15-02-2010, 03:41 AM
should get the shimano trevala or the trevala f rod through os as well.mine balanced out quite well.............outfit and my pocket.just my 2c...........the trevala / trevala f is quite similar to t curve rods........just at about 50% discount.

longone
24-02-2010, 01:48 PM
Thanks for the posts guys! I am still having trouble tracking down the Millerod Gulf Bass. I am going to start ringing some of the bigger tackle shops back home in Queensland to see who stocks it I think! Im in Aisa at the moment so its a pain but.....