PDA

View Full Version : Tuff times in Townsville

thump-a
08-02-2010, 09:15 AM
With good weather predicted we intended to fish the outer reef but it wasn't to be. Mother nature wouldn't let us out Friday night with a sloppy ; choppy sea so we anchored up behind some reef . We fished till midnight with not one keeper going into the box.
At sunrise we arrived at our fishing spot only to get hammered by sharks but at least the new Fin-Nor got a good work out.
With good conditions we continued further out to find fish ; needless to say we didn't
With water temp at 30deg it was bloody hot .

Cheers Graham

Dean1
08-02-2010, 09:40 AM
Mmmm Redthroat Yummy!!!!

don-one
08-02-2010, 09:57 AM
Frustrating isnt it! I had similar results in cairns a few weeks ago where nothing seemed to work. water temp was consistant at 29'
what sort of depths were you fishing? and were they spots that normally fish well for you thumpa?

fishfreak01
08-02-2010, 10:40 AM
At least you will eat for the next week or so.

Well done

fishferak

Scott nthQld
08-02-2010, 03:32 PM
Well done on at least finding a few trickies graeme. A few blokes I know that went out got back reporting some very dismal results. No redfish of any decription to be had, one bloke even only bringing home 2 trout after an overnighter.

Best to stay in close I think and catch a few barra and crimson demons I reckon.

jtpython
08-02-2010, 06:19 PM
I went saturday for 2 spano's and one big red throat and i have never seen so many sharks in my life. I gaffed a smaller one thru the head while an 8 footer tried to eat it out of the water then when we dropped it back into the water 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 sharks frenzied it/ Packed up and left
There were spotties everywhere but we couldn't get them to the boat the sharks took everything and anything coming to the boat . Lost 5 rigs with slugs attached
JT

PBass
08-02-2010, 08:15 PM
Hey mate thought you had other commitments?? At least you got onto a couple anyway.. Give me a buzz nextime mate.. Cheers Sean

levinge
08-02-2010, 09:31 PM
Me and the Mackinator (missus) went out on Saturday and same, same, a Spaniard, Gold Trev, sweetlip and Nanny's. Very, very quiet indeed. Weather was good but bloody hot. Our first stop, we kept hooking up on Nanny's only to lose them to a resident Groper. Greedy bugger took me for 3 fish before we got the shits and moved to Keeper.