PDA

View Full Version : hull extension

07-02-2010, 08:16 PM
i am considering getiing a hull extension on a 18 foot cruisecraft reef ranger. i would like to hear anyones comments good or bad. will this make the boat ride like a larger one

Noelm
08-02-2010, 08:00 AM
I guess you had better further explain "hull extension" so we can have a better understanding of what you are up to.

08-02-2010, 04:01 PM
by hull extension i mean the bottom of the hull getting extended about 600mm to form a pod and swim platform setup

business class
08-02-2010, 04:36 PM
by hull extension i mean the bottom of the hull getting extended about 600mm to form a pod and swim platform setup

So i take it you curently have a motor well, and you are looking to make your transom a flat back with a 600mm pod off that? which in the long run u will gain 600mm more deck space? If this is what you are willing to achieve this would be quite an easy excercise, but you do not have to extend the hull to do this? A 600 mm pod can be made with duck boards either side and just through bolted through your new transom.;D

business class
08-02-2010, 04:57 PM
Water line length means so much in a boat but so does weight distribution, if i am wrong with my above post and u wish for a 600m actuall hull extension then followed buy a 600mm pod you will give your self an extra 1200mm inside deck space. Then you need to weigh up wether or not u will need a bigger engine, trailer and so on. I have just done this job myself a full referb or a 5.6 Hydrofield so if u wish to see what we done to give u an idea of what you can do just seach for hydrofield extension...... Will u be attemping to do this at home yourself?

08-02-2010, 05:35 PM
the hull extension of 600mm will actually form the pod and swim platform. i had a bolt on pod but it did not provide enough bouyancy and the boat sat very low in the stern

business class
08-02-2010, 10:08 PM
So the boat u have now has a flat back transome and currently has a pod? I'm confused. Can u post a pick of ur transome set up inside amd out if possible?