PDA

View Full Version : Putting in plastic anchor well

sharkymark2
07-02-2010, 08:57 AM
Does anyone know of some one who can put in a plastic well into a 4.4 stessl?
I also want to cut the bow rail and get a aluminium section welded in for a bow mount... :) and maybe a step as well on the stern as long as it doesnt break the bank. The cheapest well I have found is from Bias and around $119. I live at Sunnybank.

shrunken pojie
07-02-2010, 11:48 AM
If you don't mind coming to the better side of Brisbane, give Col at Origin boats a call. 3284 0778 They are at Clontaf. He did some work to my stessl and it is a great job.

Phill

sharkymark2
07-02-2010, 04:03 PM
Thanks Phil will give him a ring...

Horse
07-02-2010, 05:52 PM
Those plastic wells are a great idea and dead easy to fit. They keep your anchor and rope out of the way and actually provide light up in the bow storage area. Mark out the hole and cut it out wit a jigsaw. Drill and bolt it in with a good bead of Sikaflex. The other stuff needs a fabricator

sharkymark2
08-02-2010, 02:24 PM
The bow covered area has a slight bow to it to cause extra strength. Will this be a problem with the anchor well being square mating up to a curved surface? Thanks Horse for your advice... I should be able to manage that.

camboy
08-02-2010, 02:40 PM
Horse is on the money, the plastic anchor wells from BIAS do have a some flex and should easily accomodate a slightly rounded surface.

I fitted the same thing to my boat (not on an entirely flat surface) and had no problems at all. You will appreciate the benefits

Cheers,

Camboy

Horse
08-02-2010, 06:32 PM
Yea they fit to the curve. It was about the best thing I ever did to my old Quinnie Bass

Jarrah Jack
08-02-2010, 06:55 PM
A plastic anchor well was fitted to my Quinny fishabout and it works well. Sometimes I wonder what would happen if it filled with a greeny as the drain hole is small and easily gets blocked with crap. Luckily I haven't had to find out ..........yet.