PDA

View Full Version : GT....Bundy

setthehook
06-02-2010, 02:26 PM
Today was one hell of a trip! Top weather and top fishing! Morning started with a few Mack tuna and a under sized Spanish followed by a good feed of school Mackeral. Then I decided to do some jigging over the wreck and landed a crap load of bludger trevally released them all and only photographed a few of them but they were all pretty much the same size. The Tuna started to blow up on the start of the rising tide so I decided to throw a little Busted slug into the raging tuna and then it all happened! An incredible fish smashed the slug of the surface, massive mouth and massive splash! I figured after it spooled me I had either a decent Yellowfin or a Longtail tuna. Locked up and after some very nerve racking thumps I managed to turn the fish. I was only using a light spin rod and a Shimano Twin power 5000 and light braid.... After20 mins I almost had the fish in sight...then it spooled me again! Once again a lock up turned the fish and at the half hour mark up popped a beast of a GT...Still can’t believe I pulled that fish on that gear, the spool on the reel was scorching hot! But Rod, reel and lure all performed beyond expectations! The combo is proving to be a deadly weapon on the pelagics this season.
Anyway the GT was 1.20cm and weighed 25kg.
Here are some snaps and a few of the bludgers as well.

TimD
06-02-2010, 02:49 PM
Cracker GT there Rob :thumbsup:

cheers tim :)

fishfreak01
06-02-2010, 04:42 PM
Hey Rob,

That an impressive catch on that outfit, keep them coming.

fishfreak

PAUL-H
06-02-2010, 09:16 PM
thats a cracker fish there rob well done!

deepfried
06-02-2010, 11:26 PM
Is that the 45. Bloody small lure for a huge GT. Will have to get mine out a bit more. Top catch on the gear used.

cuzzamundi
07-02-2010, 05:21 AM
Fantastic session there, mate. Roughly how far offshore, w/o giving too much away. Reason is I'm keen to know what the water clarity's like up there atm? Thanks mate and well done again.

Cuzza

setthehook
07-02-2010, 08:08 AM
Deepfried yeh thats the 45...crazy huh! Great lures!

Cuzza 10 mile mate, water was a bit merky for about the 1st 3 mile but after that perfect.

cuzzamundi
07-02-2010, 01:04 PM
Thanks heaps mate, appreciate the info! Great to see you tearing em up there.

Cuzza

caster226
07-02-2010, 06:32 PM
comment deleted

Mexikan
07-02-2010, 06:35 PM
Nice going Rob!!! Looks like your working it out up there.
Did you change boat???
Mex

setthehook
07-02-2010, 07:10 PM
lol they all count from the boat, just a little mroe rewarding from the shore :)

Andrew yes i changed boats, needed to get out amongst them!

Cheers Rob.