PDA

View Full Version : My new Barcrusher

BigMav
06-02-2010, 12:17 AM
G'day guys, I've just taken ownership of a new Barcrusher 620C, new to me anyway and thought I would share some pics. I'm one happy camper but now I have a long wait ahead of me before I can see it in the flesh as I purchased it sight unseen while deployed in the middle east. Here she is, can't wait to get it to the reef and get some blood on her.

I would like to hear from any other 620C owners who have trim tabs fitted and if it is worth the extra dollars as it doesn't have them (yet), preferably someone who has tried the rig with and without trim tabs. I have a few plans in mind for it. Deckwash, canopy extension, some rubber matting, bunk infill and extensions and maybe even some outriggers down the track.

BigMav
06-02-2010, 12:25 AM
Oh yeah almost forgot, she's already fitted with a Furuno FCV-585 fish finder and a Lowrance 5600c Chartplotter. Evinrude E-tec 150 is powering it.

Axl
06-02-2010, 02:33 AM
BigMav very nice mate I am sure you will get heaps of fun out of that rig cant wait to here the reports.

Far side
06-02-2010, 06:20 AM
Trim tabs are an absolute must on these boats

Also something for the floor that aly really bounces the sun back in your face

happy boating

MyEscape
06-02-2010, 06:21 AM
What a great looking rig.

Going to be a long month wait until you get to use it.

All the best in the middle east. Hats off to our servicemen.

Steve

jake0
06-02-2010, 06:37 AM
concrtas on a nice boat, Dont know alot on these boats but is a 150hp a bit under powered for a 6.2m boat??

odes20
06-02-2010, 06:58 AM
concrtas on a nice boat, Dont know alot on these boats but is a 150hp a bit under powered for a 6.2m boat??

Hey Jake0 that boat will fly with the 150 !

Maybe need aero tabs not just marine!
John
Yeah I also say hats off too our servicemen and women,
Cheers BIGMAV

Kdog
06-02-2010, 08:23 AM
Gday BigMav,

Mate that`s an awesome looking rig!! I suspect that it won`t take you long to put her in the water when you get back hey?
I`ve got a 6.2 glass boat with a 130hp and it gets fairly moving, so I would say you will pass me like I`m standing still!!
BigMav, just out of interest, where will you be based, as I will keep an eye out for you.
In the meantime,stay safe mate!!

Shagga
06-02-2010, 08:35 AM
BigMav,

Awesome boat and looks like it has been really well looked after. Can't wait for your reports with plenty of pic's. All the best to you and your mates in the middle east and stay safe.

Daisy Burnett
06-02-2010, 09:19 AM
Big Mav
Nice boat I was looking at one of these in the boat show in Melb last night. Great tuff boat but not much use in the sand pit. Keep your head down.

PS: 150HP was the recomended power for 6.2 at the boat show so should be ample.

Daisy

Steeler
06-02-2010, 12:00 PM
Hi Big Mav

Looks a treat and no doubt plenty of blooding to do when you get back.

If HP is an issue some black paint and Merc decals will fix it,just pulling ya chain.

Keep ya melon down.

Steve

frank100
06-02-2010, 04:48 PM
BigMav,
Can't give you a 1005 direct comparison for trim tabs BUt I fitted tabs to mine after 4 years. I have one of the original '6.1' which i beleive is now a 5.6 due to how they are measured being different.
Anyway I fitted 'electrotabs' brought from BC in Melb. The difference is amazing. Even with them rettracted the lift the back and limit porporsing to next to nothing, it's hard to describe but the boat feels more 'solid' and stays more level into waves (used to bow up when hitting the wave, not as much with tabs).
Off course levelling port/starb due to wind /loading is great (once you remember which tab to move !!)
My figures are'nt super accurate but i use about 0.6l/hr more at4000rpm with compared to without.
Definitely go with some sort of floor covering (I'm in Cairns ) believe me the floor can get real warm. I have used carpet not glued down, it comes out for a wash occassionally.
Also agree with the canopy ext. I made my own let me know if you want photos.
One of the ideas i have'nt taken up is to join the kill tank to the bilge sump with a removal bung so that you can use the bilge to get rid of the 'bloody' water (i do'nt know if the 620 has a bilge).
BTW my power is 140 Zuk, theres a guy on 'fishnet' with a 620 powered by Etec150 & apparently it flies ! (40 odd knots, mine does 32knots on flat day downhill, mind you that was with 4 pob/ esky/ 3/4 fuel).
Anyway hope that helps.
Frank

Skusto
06-02-2010, 05:44 PM
we have the 5.6 tabs is a must as underway they do tend to lean due to the deep vee. with out them it wouldnt ride any were as good we have a 150 etec on the 560.. and it gets it moving just playing with props atm but have had it moving up to 41 kts so far..

indy
06-02-2010, 08:13 PM
My mate has a 6.2 with a 150 yamaha four banger on it and he is getting high 70klm out of it gets along real well he loves it. I would think you etec would get about the same if not a little more will have heaps of power.

Skusto
06-02-2010, 08:51 PM
My mate has a 6.2 with a 150 yamaha four banger on it and he is getting high 70klm out of it gets along real well he loves it. I would think you etec would get about the same if not a little more will have heaps of power.

actually the yamaha runs quicker then the etec. but will be plenty either way.

MyWay
07-02-2010, 10:28 AM
sweet looking one
congratulation

with trim tabs go with biggest one you can fit on
thay are good on BC

myway

Knotpretty
07-02-2010, 12:34 PM
Bigmav I'm very envious of your boat, one day I hope to own something similar. I applaud all our fine service men and women without them we may not have the freedom to fish. We need more people like you mav in this country good luck and stay safe. Mojo

The_Tub
07-02-2010, 04:49 PM
congradulations looks great plenty of room, thats why you go to work :)

black runner
07-02-2010, 08:49 PM
Sweet looking rig,

I had a look at the 560 last year and all the BC's are now delivered with tabs as part of the standard fit out - at least from the dealer in TAS if not from the factory.

Cheers

BigMav
10-02-2010, 02:01 AM
Guys thanks for all the kind words about the boat and also for us poor old buggers living the dream over here ;)

I was very close to buying a new Formosa 580 Tomahawk but this came up cheaper and only 2 years old I couldn't say no. I looked at the BC's in Cairns and came away very impressed which made me start looking for them on the net. I was pretty much undecided about motor choice as there seems to be a very split decision about the e-tecs. It tested ok at the mechanics except for a small oil seal which will be fixed under a recall program. I think the 150 is plenty to push it along though. It even has a ski pole that goes in place of the bait board for when the fishing is slow. Looks like I will have to get some trim tabs in the not too distant future by the sounds of things. I was a little suprised when it didn't have them already as they came fitted to the boats as standard when I looked in Cairns. Apparently it was fitted with them but the previous owner didn't want them so had them removed to save a bit of money I guess. I am definitely getting some matting of some type for the floor as I am based in Townsville and the canopy extension will be a must aswell. Frank100 if you have a few pics of the mods you have done to your rig I would love to see them to get some ideas. Using the bilge to get rid of manky water in the kill tank sounds like a bloody good idea too.

I just got word that my new boat is now at home in Townsville from its trip from Newcastle and it actually fits down the side access of the house (with the windscreen folded down) so pretty happy with that. Gunna be a long wait now. Save some fish for me all you north queenslanders!

BigMav
15-02-2010, 01:19 AM
My family took the new boat out today for a run over to Magnetic Island. With 4 on board it handled the chop very well I am told but it is now confirmed after a more thorough test on the water that trim tabs will be high on the purchase list. Here is a couple of pics from today. I only wish I was there. :'(

lunchcutter
15-02-2010, 05:45 AM
great boat mate my uncle has got a 560 which is a great pleasure going in good on you bigmav great choice in boat

Steeler
15-02-2010, 08:55 AM
Big Mav

You could have left it down here in Newcastle,i'm sure i could have found room in my driveway for it.

Take care

Steve

baitable
15-02-2010, 04:10 PM
i have the 620c too, give me a yell if you want any things i've noticed. Note: in really crap stuff, trim the motor up and use the trim tabs to nose down. Adjusted to a level attitude and uses more of the cutting surface, also faster is smoother - you will see what i mean :)

I'm possibly going through a few mods soon. soon to do radar and full furuno system with the current fcv 585 to link to the nav unit.

jansen

ospery888
16-02-2010, 02:09 PM
hey ,bigmav thats one cracker of a rig mate bet you can not wait to take her out take care mate keep your head down mike

frank100
16-02-2010, 08:29 PM
BigMav,
Canopy

frank100
16-02-2010, 08:38 PM
BigMav,
Winch

frank100
16-02-2010, 08:41 PM
BigMav,
Tabs

frank100
16-02-2010, 08:45 PM
BigMav,
Trailer Latch

Some of the photos are low res. let me know if you need anymore info.
Frank

BigMav
23-02-2010, 12:58 AM
Thanks for those pics mate gives me a lot of good ideas for what I need to do when I get home. Did you knock up all that gear yourself? If so good job it looks spot on.

Cheers

surveyor
23-02-2010, 08:29 AM
hi
great looking boat im sure youll have a ball
i was wondering where you got the boat cover in the pics on the first post looks good

frank100
23-02-2010, 08:18 PM
BigMav,
Yeh knocked up those bits & pieces myself. I can't ally weld so I got that done by others. Still have the pipe bender for the shade frame it's a semi circle of about 40mm hard wood with a "hook" & handle. I get frustrated if I can't fix it or make it myself.
Frank