PDA

View Full Version : Qld Seafood Press Release

Scott Mitchell
05-02-2010, 06:04 AM
Seems the commercial sector don;t like the marines parks roll out either :-

http://www.qsia.com.au/docman/media-releases/qsia-media-release-mpas/download.html

Regards Scotto

Xahn1960
05-02-2010, 01:41 PM
You would think with such an impact on so many area's, everybody would be up in arms by now....... Instead most people are still totally unaware that anything is wrong at all.

Bill.

4x4frog
05-02-2010, 02:33 PM
Xahn, the main problem as I see it is that the 'sheeple' have been fed a 'long line' of un-truths and bent facts for so long by the Greens, Labor and the Environement Dep't that they think locking it all up will benefit us all in the long run. They've been led to believe that they'll have to suffer in the hip pocket if the environment is to prosper.

Lucky_Phill
07-02-2010, 07:00 AM
The QSIA are a commercial enterprize and as such want to protect their investments, and rightly so.

ECOfishers have sat at the table with QSIA and discussed these issues.

You will find that we are as one on this issue.

There is a concerted effort by all interested parties to push our case / cause.

All stakeholers are united in placing pressure to bare on the legislators who continue to " dupe " the people of Queensland.

Rumble.......Rumble.......Rumble.....

LP

Xahn1960
07-02-2010, 11:50 AM
The QSIA are a commercial enterprize and as such want to protect their investments, and rightly so.

ECOfishers have sat at the table with QSIA and discussed these issues.

You will find that we are as one on this issue.

There is a concerted effort by all interested parties to push our case / cause.

All stakeholers are united in placing pressure to bare on the legislators who continue to " dupe " the people of Queensland.

Rumble.......Rumble.......Rumble.....

LP

If the QSIA really want to protect their investment maybe they should be looking at funding some widespread newspaper advertisments for groups like Ecofishers and other like minded organizations.

It surprises me that comercial ventures being hurt as much as we are, havn't yet used their resources to assist some of these groups. Can't hurt and it promotes their allies in this cause.......

Bill.

siegfried
08-02-2010, 06:41 AM
The commercial fishers in QLD are the same type of wirrahs that exist down here ,the type that want further rec bag limits on snapper and the banning of rec using electric reels for othrrwise unobtainable deep water fish so they can plunder the resource undisterbed by us. I reckon the rec bodies should not be having anything to do with the proffessional lobby, stuff em- nothing good ever comes out of it for us. I love my fishing more then most but if Marine parks are detrimental to pros Im for em. Theyve stuffed the inshore fishing down here and they keep whingin about marine parks but it might as well be off limits cause the fishings r00ted anyway. One day itll happen, theres a zillion (nearly) rec blokes and one day well get our poop together , we dont need to be associated with the pro lobby. Over the next few years we (I hope) will see a major shift away from these green labour lezzo homo poxo dero state govts and sense will prevail. Its taken the Yanks 300 years to get their house in order(fish management not people management cause theyre still shootin the $hit outta each other)so we ve got a while yet...God bless Australia and a pox on Rudd ,Bligh and that retarded little shiela with the schoolgirl voice that runs N.S.W