PDA

View Full Version : Sounder cutting out

picollo
04-02-2010, 09:21 AM
I have a small boat with a 25HP Merc. I got the sounder from Big W several years ago.

When I go over a certain speed limit my sounder cuts out. Time for a new transducer?

dreemon
04-02-2010, 12:05 PM
Tranny should be ok since you are getting readings going slow, does it turn itself off or just stop reading the bottom and depth at higher speed but still on?

what I have leaned on this site to get better readings at speed is to have the tranny adjusted to facing foward ( a little) , you may have bumped it to where it's facing towards the back, has to be deep enough too without disurbed water.

ever since I addjusted mine like this I got better readings at higher speed, addjusting the gain manualy help alot too

also I just rang garmin from having issues with my combo and said to make sure the ducer cable has no interference with other elect cables as in don't run it along with all the other battery and engine cables, separate that one as far as you can, Cheers

picollo
04-02-2010, 12:42 PM
Many thanks for your reply.

Its doesn't turn off, it just can't get a reading. I'll have a go adjusting it as well. You are right, it may have just been bumped!

Thanks again! :thumbup: