PDA

View Full Version : zuk 175 & 200 fuel figures?

Wayne_Red
03-02-2010, 09:45 PM
Hi All
The brother and I have been looking at repowering his 6m victory for a while and been considering motors. Thanks to all those who responded to PMs. We don't see that many zuks down here in Newcastle and realy hard to get a run in one or even talk to someone who has one but a lot of you guys love them.
Can anyone give some fuel figures on these 2 engines, grunt, holeshot, blue water performance etc?
You hear talk about all engines having proplems, only today the brother was talking to a neighbour that was saying the national parks boats had zuks on and their all having problems bla bla bla, hearsy on hearsay no doubt.
Anyway, would be nice to hear some real fuel figures and comparisons to other brands 4s & 2s.
Julian gave me a good comparison on twin F225 to zuk 175 on 233 edencrafts a few days ago that was great real life info which got us thinking more seriously about zuks
Regards Wayne

rustymarlin
04-02-2010, 05:51 AM
Im running a 150 suzuki on my 575 cruisesraft and it has been awsome I mainly gamefish so trolling all day for between 100 and 120litres currently have 120hrs on engine with no issues i know its not the size engine that you are looking at but ican tell you buying this has been the best boating decision i have made .I have hade an optimax 225 on a signature great motor good on fuel and a di evinrude 150 on this same boat I repowered 18months ago. I live in the hunter valley also a got the motor locally for a very good price you can pm for details of the dealer if you like. I took a mate last week who had not been in the boat since the repower and he could not believe how well the boat performed.You wont be dissapointed with the 175 or the 200 the 175 is a fair bit lighter then the 200 and with the varible valve timing would be awsome on that boat F&B mag did a test on the victory with suzuki a couple of months ago if you go to there web site you shoulb be able to see some real life figures for your boat.

peterbo3
04-02-2010, 07:15 AM
I have a 175 on a 6400 Fisher Plate alloy. 23 deg deadrise. Full cab & 300L of fuel so it is a heavier than usual alloy rig. No fuel flow meter but averaging around 1.5km per liter. Great hole shot. No problems after 2 years.;D;D

odes20
04-02-2010, 07:59 AM
I have 175 Susy 4 stroke on my 6 metre Yalta Odessa fiberglass. 22-23 degrees deadrise
I am consistantly returning 1.8 Kms per litre as I keep accurate records off my chart plotter etc. I have a 15 x 21 Suzuki prop which allows it to acheive WOT at 6100 which is top revs of manufacturers specs. Top speed 74 kms hr. I have done 630 hrs on this baby and never had any dramas! I love it .

Hole shots are a breeze. In all my reef work and fishing etc, I always leave my motor trimmed out. It never needs trimming in to plane or nothing. I almost always have a crew of four including myself. Suzuki have a great gearbox ratio which just gets these beasts revving so freely.

When I first got this motor, a mate warned me that I would be dissapointed with its abilty to rev out/hole shot slow but both he and I were shocked at how much grunt these have. I can only highly recommend.
The 150 and 175 are specs overall except the 175 has some advanced timing and fancy porting or whatever to gain the extra 25 horsies.
Cheers
John

Jarrah Jack
04-02-2010, 08:23 AM
Read in an earlier thread that Odes20 was getting 1.8kl per ltr with the 175 on his 6mtr Odessa.
(Whoops sorry about that , he has already replied):hammer:

julian1
04-02-2010, 08:54 AM
had a mate that also fitted a pair of DF175's to an early Noosacat 23, which is as heavy as the original SC23, and it absolutley flies, high top end and unbelievable holeshot, he ended up having to swing bigger props which were 16x21.5's and it still reaches max rpm, they are an awsome engine, i did have a pair of DF150's which had 1100hrs on them when i sold the boat and they never missed a beat, but the 175 have heaps more grunt over the 150's even, the DF175 would be the perfect power to weight on the Victory i reckon

White Pointer
04-02-2010, 08:29 PM
G'day,

Tell me more about the Victory. What does it weigh? How much weight can you hang off the transom? How do you use it? Is the boat fitted with trim tabs?

The 175HP should be more than enough for a 6M boat even with a deep "V" hull. The cruising speed will depend on prop but on my 6M plate boat with 23 degree deadrise a 19 degree Suzuki SS prop will give you 21 Kn at around 4100 RPM with a burn of 1.5 to 1.8 lt/hr and plenty in reserve to handle a sea. I have Volvo QM trim tabs fitted that really improve hull performance.

It doesn't load the transom too much so the whole rig behaves very well trolling and in harbour.

Let me know if you want more info.

Regards,

White Pointer

Shayne_Blue
04-02-2010, 09:04 PM
In reply to your question White Pointer re the Victory specs according to the brochure.

Hull Weight: 1050kg
Deadrise: 21 degrees
Max engine weight: 260kg

No trim tabs fitted but considering the option, used offshore for fishing most of the time but family use also. I am getting keen on a four stroke but wondering if 175hp is enough.... better to much than not enough. I was even considering the 200hp 4 cyl Verado.

thanks for the relpies so far

Shayne

Luke G
04-02-2010, 09:58 PM
Got a 150 suzuki thats also awsome with fuel and performance. Done 530 hours for only a broken cowling latch.

sparky54
05-02-2010, 10:06 PM
I have a new Victory with a 175 Suzuki on it, only had a couple of trips so far due to very ordinary weather since I got it. The last trip it averaged 1.6 km/ltr in quite lumpy conditions. It certainly doesn't lack in the power department and does about 77 kph at WOT and cruises at 45 kph at 4000 rpm and 52 kph at 4500 rpm.