PDA

View Full Version : Pod design for Yalta Odessa 6 mtre

odes20
02-02-2010, 07:43 PM
Just seeking some opinions on my idea of crafting a 600mm pod onto my Yalta Odessa 6 metre. Anyone seen one on this model Yalta?

I'm hoping to gain a little more deck space and gain a bit of overall hull length to improve my ride over the chop, especially the rotten land breeze you need to cross so often coming in from overnighters off Cairns.

BIG QUESTION IS should the pod follow directly off the keel, sort of like a hull extension, but not the full width of the boat? My thinking is this would be optimum for bouyancy and also for gaining that extra 600 mm onto the hull length??

Have seen many new aluminium hulls with a full hull width kind of pod.

What do you think?

John
http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab223/odes20/DSC00045.jpg

surveyor
02-02-2010, 08:23 PM
hey odes
my mates got the same model the pod is aluminium and like you described full depth and maybe 1/3 width it also has a marlin board incorporated full widththe extra room is fantastic a huge deck it handles easily as well as the original i reckon better .the only thing is the turning circle is not great i dont know if its the outboard (200 yammy) set up or what i reckon it is a big improvement overall good luck

Jarrah Jack
02-02-2010, 08:57 PM
Beast of a motor you got there........Don't know if this helps but I've heard Edencraft boats down south has pod moulds for a number of boats so may be worth an email to see what they think.

hsv 408
02-02-2010, 09:21 PM
Id be giving George at yalta craft a ring to see what would best suit ?

odes20
02-02-2010, 09:44 PM
Beast of a motor you got there........Don't know if this helps but I've heard Edencraft boats down south has pod moulds for a number of boats so may be worth an email to see what they think.

Motor is Zuki 175 4 banger. 74 kms at WOT normal load Fuel Eco is 1.8 kms per litre