PDA

View Full Version : New Old Boat setting up

steve harney
02-02-2010, 10:58 AM
Hi all
I've brought a new 2nd hand boat & changing a few things & you guys/girls may be point me in the right direction!! I have a few questions. I,ve been around a few boats in my time!! fishing & running around in my Dad's old tinny all my life
Its a old Haines 146r with a Yammy on the back had it all checked out & goes ok, but I'm setting it up the way I want etc. 1st Question of many so bear with me fellows!! The seats had been replaced from the back to back When the floor was replaced into just one each side returnables the only problems are the height set up is a pain!! line of sight is "when sitting" lines up with the top of the windscreen!! As I'm pretty tall !! looking underneath doesn't give me much view safety wise & on the hunch!! & if I knee on the sit it's all over the shop as it turns etc if I stand I'll too tall to be comfortable on the hunch again. as anyone knows the old Hunter has a cover that attaches to the top low as same level comes up a bit as the screen, I'm looking at a few ways to go get a new cover from the many ebay stores what size comes into play small length but higher than the old one & have it free standing not attached to the screen will be able to stand in it or get a longer one which covers most of the fishing area.
or raise the wind screen or maybe the seat. Any one have some good idea's & give me the pro's and con,s I'm on the northside of Brissy & fishing mainly with the kids about the creeks & bay islands weather permitting Thanks all
Steve H

Jarrah Jack
02-02-2010, 04:41 PM
I have a Haines 16r that now has pedistal seats too. They should be adjustable for height or you can get one that is. You would only need the pedistal then use your present seat.

Those bimini's / covers are only good for when you have the low back to backs. I tossed my old one away as they just get in the way. If you want a good bimini then get one made up specifically for the boat and how you want to use it. It will cost $$ but will be much better in the long run.

finga
03-02-2010, 07:55 AM
Any pictures matey??
Boat pictures are always good :)