PDA

View Full Version : Noosa last week

alba
01-02-2010, 04:13 PM
Went up to Noosa last week for the hol,s. Towed up the boat and stayed at a canal unit. What a breeze only had to put the boat in once and take out when we left.
On tuesday took the family down to the beach inside the river mouth got them settled then it was over the bar and out to reefs off the headland, trolled hard bodies for an hour or two without any luck.
Wednesday over the bar at 5 am on sunshine reef soon after. As I was alone I thought I would only put out three lures and a teaser. within 30mins had the first spaniard on the copper halco, now thats fun with 2 other rods out and the teasers. But soon had it in the boat at 110cm.
An hour later caught the second oneon a blue halco. he was a bit more cunning and had me around the two other lines in a flash after a good few minutes he was in the boat at 120cm. Thought I had better take a photo of this one and found out batteries were flat on the camera (so much for the planing put in the week before.)
I tried for another hour without any luck, so decided to head back, on reaching the bay found the place to be boiling with small bonito and mac tuna, spent a couple of hours chasing them caught about 10 or 11 then thought I am buggered and went back over the bar.
Tried again the following 2 days but my luck was out with the spaniards, although still had fun with the mac,s and the bonito.
Blew up after that.
Had a ball up there and can,t thank the boys in Davo,s enough for their advice, a real tackle shop with time for the customer.
Sorry about the lack of pictures
Alba:D :D

FireFly
01-02-2010, 09:29 PM
Nice Fishing Alba - Top effort on your own! :thumbsup:

Apollo
02-02-2010, 06:05 AM
Well done Alba. Sounds like a bucket of fun.

aussie_stu
02-02-2010, 10:45 AM
good work mate, there have been some good spanairds around, just a bummer about the weather that's blown in. Did you try trolling the bonitos? those things live or dead have been lethal on the macks.

alba
02-02-2010, 04:37 PM
Stu
Did'nt have the gear to try trolling the bonito,s with me, Also my knowledge on how to do it is pretty limited. If anybody out there wants to add some advice it would be great
Alba

aussie_stu
03-02-2010, 04:39 PM
our rig consists of a weighted 6/0 to 7/0 hook at the front (pinned through the nose) and attached to that (with wire) is a decent sized trebble, which is pinned up near the fishes bum. Alternatively there is a pretty easy troll rig using a size 3-6 bean sinker, pink skirt and a set of 6/0 gangs, but hard to explain how to make it over the net, might try to get a pic for you soon. We've also found the spaniards sitting low, so using a decent weight or downrigger helps, although after this blow settles down, they may come back up. If you need more help shoot us a PM mate