PDA

View Full Version : What screen to watch, duel freq, full screen, split zoom etc.

dreemon
31-01-2010, 06:09 PM
Hi all,

Curious to what everyone is watching on the colour screens these days, theres a variety of options with these sounders and gps combos on what you can set the unit up to see using zooms, freqs, scope, and all the other stuff.

what screens and settings does everyone use the most, . . or get the most out of .

:) Cheers

Vitamin Sea
01-02-2010, 10:26 AM
G'day

I use a split screen, bottom lock on LHS and a range of 10 or 20 metres using the shift key on the RHS, depending on water depth I'm fishing.

A good setup, Furuno FCV 600L

Cheers

VS

lee8sec
01-02-2010, 04:18 PM
I have got seperate units. FF is set split screen with zoom. HDS5X. Up here the water isnt very deep so i only us 200khz on both screens. Zoom is set at about 1/2 water depth in less than 20m or around 7 meters in deeper water. Leigh

dreemon
01-02-2010, 06:10 PM
Thanks for the replys, I've only just been on the water 3 times with my new garmin 451 combo and still looking to see what works best and getting used to it, last one was a garmin 120 b/w but the screen was bigger so I'll try this one with split screen but it might look to small on mine, still a bit to learn.

allthough its only a foot from my face and alot easier to see in daylight, also have a gps 72 handheld to help out ,

I find with the 451 that I have to constantly manualy adjust the gain and seems the auto gain wont do what it meant to ' looses bottom and depth numbers" :-/

mostly I try to be in around 35 - 50 m outside the seaway on good days or estuary with the family when we can. Cheers