PDA

View Full Version : Knobies and Amberjack Hit The Deck

Redhunter
28-01-2010, 10:53 PM
Hello Ausfisho's,

Well I've done a couple of day trips out and the first trip I headed out to the Maheano Bombie. When I got there I sounded around and there was big schools of Amberjack high in the water column. I set myself up for the first drift and bang a brute of a fish hit me and took off like a freight train, after a good long fight an Amberjack popped out the back around the 20 kg mark.
After catching another 5 around the 5 kilo mark which I put back things went quiet. So I moved to another peice of reef not far away, a couple of drifts of the area and a few small reefies. I was about to head home when on the last drift I got belted. At first I thought it was going to be another amberjack but after some good head shakes a nice knobie around the 7 to 8 kilo mark popped out the back and he he had a real nice knob on his head, unfortunately the pics did not come out real clear as the camera was playing up.
The second trip I headed out to the same country, south east this spot is a bit of a hole that drops into 70 metres were snapper and trag normally hang out. Again there was a lot of amberjack holding in it and after catching a couple I let a few go, just kept to around the 10 kilo mark with some gold spot cod and a snapper around the 6 kilo mark.

Regards
Steve

Benno1
29-01-2010, 01:17 AM
2 good trips out Steve...nice one!!! Were you using live bait???...poppers???
Cheers for the piccies and report :D

Mrs Benno1
Sunny

Lovey80
29-01-2010, 01:25 AM
Got to be happy with that mate. What port were you leaving from?

Cheers

Chris

Karl Inge
29-01-2010, 05:02 AM
Nice catch :)

fishfreak01
29-01-2010, 07:14 AM
Hi Steve,

Great catch, if you don't mind me asking where is the Maheano Bombie ? I dont want a mark, just curious as I have never heard it before.

fishfreak01

Redhunter
31-01-2010, 09:40 AM
2 good trips out Steve...nice one!!! Were you using live bait???...poppers???
Cheers for the piccies and report :D

Mrs Benno1
Sunny

Hi benno1 fresh yakkas for the snaps and nucular chickens for the amberjack.
regards steve

Redhunter
31-01-2010, 09:43 AM
Got to be happy with that mate. What port were you leaving from?

Cheers

Chris

Hi chris home port tin can bay.
regards steve

Redhunter
31-01-2010, 09:48 AM
Hi Steve,

Great catch, if you don't mind me asking where is the Maheano Bombie ? I dont want a mark, just curious as I have never heard it before.

fishfreak01

Hi fish freak
the maheano bombies is north up along fraser but there is heaps of ground up that way.
regards steve