PDA

View Full Version : Majestic CDC9000 Stereo problem

antics
28-01-2010, 09:16 PM
Hi all,

Have a prob with this stereo. It keeps popping the 15 amp fuse, but leaves the 1 amp fuse alone. Red light is on the power button but will not power up.

One of the batteries was discovered to be hooked up in reverse polarity, yes that really sux and the person responsible has been dealt with.http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/angry.gif

Any way, have replaced one of the caps in the power circuit (constant 12 volt, clock, memory, etc.) yellow wire which the 15a fuse is protecting, but no effect.

Does anyone have or know where I can get a schematic for this unit, I am confident with soldering. Or does anyone know what other components may be at fault (can't get enough details off the transistor in the power circuit).

Last resort..... anywhere that I can get this unit fixed , I am very happy with unit and am prepared to get it fixed, within reason.

Any help or suggestions, in regards to getting this fixed, will be greatly received. I love listening to the cricket whilst on the water.

Antics

Grand_Marlin
29-01-2010, 11:31 AM
G'day Antics,

If it has been hooked up with reverse polarity, there is a good chance it has damaged the power regulator / amp.

Majestic is on the Gold Coast ... Molendinar I think it is.
Number will be in the book.

Then you have distributors like Northside Marine.

Cheers

Pete

Cheers

Pete