PDA

View Full Version : Bite Periods Before A Weather Change

BR65
27-01-2010, 08:13 PM
Rokey doke, with reasonably consistant northerlies (NE, N &NW) about to change to sou east, would you expect:

A/ A fired up bite period pre-ceeding the change
B/ The same, no noticeable change in fish activity
C/ A shut down with reluctant fish

Tropicaltrout
27-01-2010, 09:45 PM
In trips of old mate I would say A but only in a case where you have taken most of the variable into considderation. You know fish are there and as the weather looks to change I have mannage a few fish as extras.... I remember last year Deano and I fished same point for two days the first day we mannage 8 fish the second one hook up the differance weater was great the 1st and by the second it was ordanary...

Something to ponder though but just make me want to cast harder!!!

NAGG
28-01-2010, 06:46 AM
Not really sure Brian :-/....... I'm guessing not much of a change at all.

However .... If there is a build up to a summer storm then you might see an increase in activity.

Chris

Whitto
28-01-2010, 10:39 AM
There is no question in my mind that a pending storm bearing down has a BIG effect on a BASS bite, have done it many times over the years......certainly not a smart thing to do as it can be the last thing you ever do (lightening)......Post storm... Nada.... Bass Gone.

Barra don't school up like Bass numbers, but I can't see why Barra would not be affected by Barometric pressure and switch on:-/.....After experiencing many storms at Monduran over the years, I'm not about to put it to the test someone else can do that......I'll be under cover watching all the tents getting blown to buggery.;D PS: I know this has nothing to do with wind direction......but it is a change........ I'm going with A Brother.

RayB
28-01-2010, 03:38 PM
I have experienced great bass sessions just before a storm and caught many a fish during a downpour. Not sure about a change in wind direction though.

cheers
Raymond

BR65
30-01-2010, 01:53 PM
Well, I did some field research, and it didnt help the barra action thats for sure!