PDA

View Full Version : Still only one red for the trip

Vindicator
27-01-2010, 07:26 PM
Gday all,

Just a quick report. Did another trip off Rainbow on Tuesday with Brownie. Left Carlo point just after 4 am. Current was fairly strong which made it hard for drifting so we dropped the pick. Pulled a few fish from a couple of spots. Fish shut down for a couple of hours late morning and by that time the current had slowed. Moved to another area and started pulling a few parrot and a couple of decent hussar. Brownie got the only red for the trip from the spot I lost a big one a week ago. Total tally 11 parrot, 4 hussar 2 gold spot wrasse, 1 coronation trout and 1 red. Looking forward to the day when we can bring more than one red home.:'( Still, shouldn't complain at least I'm getting them.

Cheers
Kezza

hookinin
27-01-2010, 09:51 PM
Hey Kezza
Any trip that brings home a red has to be a good one.
Cheers Gaven

Spot82
28-01-2010, 08:07 AM
Keep trying Kezza, your obviously in the right areas because you are catching the right species which typically hang around areas where there are reds, maybe just search the area around the mark you are fishing for a small rock or wire weed holding bait. I have been in the smae boat as you only being able to get the odd red here and there until late last year, when we got 4 in two drifts on a patch of rubble I found. Also remember big fleshy baits, Bigger the better!!!

But as Gav said any trip with a red is a good trip!

Anthony

-spiro-
28-01-2010, 04:04 PM
Kez mate you'll brake that drought soon on the reds with the efort your putting in..