PDA

View Full Version : Townsville weather 2010

Gilli
27-01-2010, 06:24 PM
Once again, another wet season where everything gets flooded out in townsville lol, there goes the fishing for a few weeks til the water subsides.

King tides tomorrow also, will make it interesting.

Scott nthQld
27-01-2010, 06:27 PM
yeah, just in time for barra season.....bastard

Gilli
27-01-2010, 06:32 PM
i was thinking exactly the same thing. just hope that it doesnt stuff up to much of the season lol

sagair
27-01-2010, 07:26 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/redhsv/001-8.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/redhsv/004-5.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/redhsv/006-2.jpg
Sure was some lightning up my way. Yards like a swamp so I feel sorry for those in low areas. Dog is sick of watching the grass grow. More to come by the look of it along with 4 meter tides the next few days.;D

ronnien
27-01-2010, 08:10 PM
we got totally flooded out, shin deep under the house. spent 2 hrs with a broom sweeping the water out to the front, the deep freezer, washing machine, & the pool table are about 2 feet high on blocks to keep them dry. gee that was some heavy rain!!

ron.

Scott nthQld
28-01-2010, 10:59 AM
yeah, my driveway is a raging river, just managed to get out this morning, nearly 2 ft deep, yard is a reed swamp, and my brother got his car bogged this morning (I told him not to park on the grass last night) so he's having a day off. If it keeps up though, It might just be a long weekend for me

Dicko
28-01-2010, 11:03 AM
Didn't get the car bogged, but got the wheelie bin bogged on the footpath this morning.

On the plus side, The good wets in the last couple of years has made for good barra fishing throughout the year. So I aint complaining.

Scott nthQld
28-01-2010, 11:05 AM
oh and to make things worse everyone seems to have forgotten how to drive! 3 times yesterday arvo did I nearly cleaned people up becasue they pulled out in front of me along Ingham road, not allowing enough room, and then after the big rush to beat me, they sit on bloody 30-40km/hr.....wankers. Today I've decided I'm not going to stop, they pull out in front of me, well, that's their look out, I could use the 20 odd grand my car is insured for.

Scott nthQld
28-01-2010, 11:07 AM
Didn't get the car bogged, but got the wheelie bin bogged on the footpath this morning.

On the plus side, The good wets in the last couple of years has made for good barra fishing throughout the year. So I aint complaining.

Yeah but i was hoping to get out chasing them on Monday/Tuesday.....3months is too long to go without a fresh feed of barra

Plus the fact that the pros will be waiting with their nets as close as they can get to the ross, waiting for all those big girsl from the weirs to come rushing out to spawn.....shame we didn't get rain like this a month or more ago just to get em a chance

whiteman
28-01-2010, 12:43 PM
My boats sitting in the middle of a mate's backyard - now a lake - on a couple of tyres while I get the trailer fixed (which I've posted about in the Boats section). I won't be able to get the car near it for weeks at this rate!

oldboot
28-01-2010, 02:32 PM
don't worry fellas.... you could be living in the south......;D

Townsville weather

Hot
Hot and wet
Hot and windy
Hot wet and windy.

but at least you get a nice brease in the afternoon...... you just need to make sure your house is well nailed down.....sometimes the brease gets a bit brisk.

cheers

Scott nthQld
28-01-2010, 02:48 PM
trouble is oldboot, the brisk wind can be enough to chop up the lake I know have in the backyard....hahaha

nidrac
28-01-2010, 03:00 PM
haha i got the timing spot on.. the minute the rain started up in townsville i got sent down to brisbane for work.. get in the good books witht the boss for when the weather does come good.. :) no use sitting around the house waiting to go fishing.

Nidrac...

Scott nthQld
28-01-2010, 06:07 PM
My boats sitting in the middle of a mate's backyard - now a lake - on a couple of tyres while I get the trailer fixed (which I've posted about in the Boats section). I won't be able to get the car near it for weeks at this rate!

Don't worry, if this rain keeps up you'll be able to float her onto the refurbed trailer;D

Nic
29-01-2010, 07:55 AM
Oh God I hope my flight can still come in today. Please God don't let me get stuck in Brisbane!

STUIE63
29-01-2010, 07:58 AM
it isn't that bad yet Nic

sagair
29-01-2010, 09:38 AM
Looks like some more towns may be in for a wet weekend.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/redhsv/IDD65001.gif

ronnien
29-01-2010, 04:18 PM
well so far i have had to broom out under the house 4 times due to the flooding which got shin deep each time, & now they say it's going to be heavier tomorrow, %$ck me!

ron.

sagair
29-01-2010, 04:28 PM
It sounds like you need a box drain along the front and running to the sides to keep the water out with some grates at the door and driveway. Good job for the dry. Really sounds frustrating. Better days ahead. Regards

PBass
03-02-2010, 08:48 PM
The rain brought on some awesome Barra fishing it was great.. Sorry to hear of personal losses though.. Sean

levinge
04-02-2010, 08:16 AM
well so far i have had to broom out under the house 4 times due to the flooding which got shin deep each time, & now they say it's going to be heavier tomorrow, %$ck me!

ron.

Hate to say it Ron, but my place was relatively dry, had to lose some water out of the pool. You've seen the height of my footpath, funny how a couple of hundred metres can change the "flood, no flood" position...

Just got to keep mowing every couple of days or its jungle city...

On the weather front, holy dooley check this out...

sagair
04-02-2010, 03:16 PM
LOL, Ripper little storm we had just before 3.00pm today. Broke branches off some of my trees. Wind and rain pelted for 10/ 15 minutes.;D

levinge
04-02-2010, 03:19 PM
Miss us by a mile, although I did see it coming in from the west...

Glad I wasn't in its path, hope you didn't suffer too bad....

sagair
04-02-2010, 03:36 PM
Thanks,all OK. It just blew down some branches and turned the yard back to a swamp again after it was dry. Violent little sucker. Regards.