PDA

View Full Version : Cmon Boys lets get active on this

Pistol_P
26-01-2010, 03:34 PM
http://www.fishingdvd.com.au/fishing_issues_1.php

Its time to pound Garrett and that muppet Rudd with as many emails,letters and phone calls as possible.

Drive them crazy with emails........and lets vote em OUT....!!!!

I have sent two emails today.....all you gotta do is copy & paste the letter in your own email......if the 'send' link isnt working.

Pete

Mindi
26-01-2010, 03:42 PM
http://www.fishingdvd.com.au/fishing_issues_1.php

Its time to pound Garrett and that muppet Rudd with as many emails,letters and phone calls as possible.

Drive them crazy with emails........and lets vote em OUT....!!!!

I have sent two emails today.....all you gotta do is copy & paste the letter in your own email......if the 'send' link isnt working.

Pete

Garrett...what a total dud....(and I'm a Labour supporter...!) he is a complete waste of space ...will look at the link and send mail onwards

Hornet Rider
26-01-2010, 04:09 PM
Pistol, thanks - email sent. Is this issue mainly about rezoning the Coral Sea, or are there other areas under specific consideration?

cheers, HR

TimD
26-01-2010, 04:25 PM
Email sent to the Sniveling Weasel's Rudd and Garrett

cheers tim :)

deepfried
26-01-2010, 05:26 PM
All done Pete

efc
26-01-2010, 05:31 PM
so what areas are they planning on closing?

Pistol_P
26-01-2010, 06:55 PM

Basically anywhere they can get away with it....and In every state they can get away with it.

Not sure on specific locations but proposals are in by certain groups lobbying the government who want to literally BAN FISHING...... these non educated groups (most of whom would have never even visited the areas they propose to put closures on) are being listened to.....?????.....Its unbelievable stuff really.

Starlo puts things very well on that little video he does.

Pete

TimiBoy
26-01-2010, 07:01 PM
I added this

It is HIGH TIME you stopped entering short and poorly promoted consultations which are designed to validate the ridiculous and unscientific conclusions you need to reach to please the green lobby. Start doing what Australians think is good for Australians, and stop patronising us.

Cheers,

Tim

PaulMark
26-01-2010, 07:47 PM
Done and done
Paulo

deepfried
26-01-2010, 08:13 PM

3 that will take away areas i do fish currently and the Coral Sea that i will fish from this year on ( Finger crossed ) that come to mind are

1. The Coral Sea. A read of the news threads will provide more info.

2. East Coast Bioregional Plans which covers a huge area. Do a search to see how massive this may be in the near future.

3. Bunjalung Marine Park. Covers and area from Sth Wall Ballina to the North Wall at Iluka. This park could be the ruin of Evans Hd and Iluka which rely heavily on fishing tourism. It would also spoil a lot of future holidays for me as i like to stay at Woody Hd a couple of time a year. This is a NSW state Gov planned park so a little different i guess but it still has the same result.

You could also add to that any future expansion of current green zones.

HeadBanger
27-01-2010, 09:27 AM
Yep, sent the email.

It's ridiculous to think that they would completely ban fishing, and I am highly doubtful that they would or could, but the furthering of green zones and new green zones being added is a risk that we, as recreational anglers, shouldn't have to be worried about.

Cheers,
Kaidon

cuzzamundi
27-01-2010, 02:55 PM
Email sent with my own little message, similar to tim's.

Coddie
27-01-2010, 03:42 PM
Done. Feel sorry for their PA's.

Fish_gutz
27-01-2010, 04:20 PM
Thanks Pete and yeah, Done. Cheers Andrew

jayvee
27-01-2010, 06:28 PM
done and done. would be good if everybody who sends the email through posts on this thread, so we can see just how many fisho's pull there finger out. honeslty it tokk me about 2:47sec's to do!!!!

JAYVEE

GES
27-01-2010, 11:21 PM
Done and done

GES

NEWBY
28-01-2010, 06:28 AM
Now THIS is how ya get the job done.
Firstly, you get a celebrity...Starlo...
Then you get him to tell the truth about rec fishers, in the main, being part of the solution, not the problem. Then you back it up with scientific evidence and then you tell everyone about it.
WHY THE F**K havent ALL the boating mobs, the tackle mobs and everyone else who profits from boaties and fisherpeople (note the political correctness) got together, thrown a few bucks in the pot and got a starlo, a bushy or ET or an Andrew Symmons or similar to do an ad for the tv and radio?
Emails are great, but the electronic media is KING.
I have sent emails from all 4 email adresses I have.
I am going to make the call later today as well.

Chris Ryan
28-01-2010, 07:53 AM
I added a little bit more...

The reluctance of the facilitators involved in the East Coast Bioregional Planning consultations to allow any form of discussion on the social or economic factors of continued marine park usage is a concern to anglers. It has been well documented that the social affects to the health of those involved in recreational angling are contributing to a healthier population. The economic input at a local, state and federal level is well into the billions of dollars which adds to the ability of Governments to deliver services to the public. However we as recreational anglers see almost no return on that investment we make with you as we get consistantly shut out of areas, shut out of debate, have a lack of investment in facilities around Australia and seemingly treated with contempt when it comes to election time based on backroom deals to secure vote streams.
Well as you will notice from the volume increase in messages to your offices, this is no longer going to be the case. The recreational anglers of Australia have had enough of being treated like second class citizens in what is one of the most underfished resources on the planet and we are now wanting to have our investment in this country returned. All we simply want is the proper Australian 'fair go' for what essentially is a lifestyle embedded into the soul of 1 in 4 Australians and contributes more than it ever takes away.

TheGurn
28-01-2010, 10:16 AM
All done...

Maybe, hopefully, the govt 'demographers' (?) are raising an eyebrow ?

JB
28-01-2010, 11:07 AM
Email sent.

Micadogs
28-01-2010, 12:24 PM
Email Sent

blueline
28-01-2010, 08:28 PM
done, theres even a facebook group for the coral sea.Petition against Coral Sea closure-> sign up on facebook now! (http://www.facebook.com/#/group.php?gid=260961548245&ref=nf)

snasman
28-01-2010, 11:26 PM
Also done from both email addys. lets stick it to em

anthony72
29-01-2010, 08:00 PM
done, and three people from work

Sarge06
03-02-2010, 12:17 PM
Another one to list...

Mike Delisser
03-02-2010, 04:01 PM

Mike Delisser
03-02-2010, 04:05 PM
Now THIS is how ya get the job done.
Firstly, you get a celebrity...Starlo...
Then you get him to tell the truth about rec fishers, in the main, being part of the solution, not the problem. Then you back it up with scientific evidence and then you tell everyone about it.
WHY THE F**K havent ALL the boating mobs, the tackle mobs and everyone else who profits from boaties and fisherpeople (note the political correctness) got together, thrown a few bucks in the pot and got a starlo, a bushy or ET or an Andrew Symmons or similar to do an ad for the tv and radio?
Emails are great, but the electronic media is KING.
I have sent emails from all 4 email adresses I have.
I am going to make the call later today as well.

They would only convince anglers (who are already convinced)
I recon a celebrity who is know by everyone but not known as a fisherman would be a better choice, after all it's the non fishing or once a year guys we need on our side.
Cheers
Mike

Snapp.
03-02-2010, 06:17 PM
Sent the email and phoned them...Think they heard me loud and clear. But my question is... Can't we all do more? why cant we organise rally's and marches?
I would be keen as, as many of you would be. I dunno, it just sucks to see this happen without even getting the chance to really voice our opinions.
regards Matt

TheRealAndy
03-02-2010, 08:23 PM
Sent the email and phoned them...Think they heard me loud and clear. But my question is... Can't we all do more? why cant we organise rally's and marches?
I would be keen as, as many of you would be. I dunno, it just sucks to see this happen without even getting the chance to really voice our opinions.
regards Matt

We have done the rallies quite a few times now Matt. Everyone is always keen but on the day everyone is too busy. The last rally got quite a bit of media attention being just before the election.

However, if you are keen to help organise one I will get right behind you. I think the time is ripe for it, but we need to get 100+ car and boat combos happening to really make people stand back and look. I am happy to cut stickers for everyone for the rally for the cost of the vinyl, about $5.50 / meter for the cheap 610mm wide stuff..

The Phantom
10-02-2010, 08:06 PM
Sent to both Rudd & Garrett