PDA

View Full Version : Stanage /Percys

Michael Hughes
25-01-2010, 07:54 PM
Got the window -
So Dave and I fired up the Patrol and got away from the Gold Coast last Saturday. 900 ks later and we got into Stanage around lunch time, the weather was looking good so we got the boat ready. I had left it up there and it needed a few things done so decided to leave on the tide Monday am .

Had a great run out to middle Percy wide and it was on the first drop we got a double header Nani and a good grunter. Dave was on and it turned out to be a nice Cod around the 15 kg fishing. It was good for a hour or so but we went back in to the closed areas around Percy and found a good spot for the night.

Thought we'd chase some trout the next morning but to no avail so we went back out to the mark in the 50mtr line and got the same again with Nanis, grunters, XX Cods and more. It is a long run out but well worth the 65 ks because you do have some great spots for the night and safe anchorages all the way.
Mike

vertico
25-01-2010, 11:07 PM
some top fish there mate welldone i hope to get up there one day!

littlemac
25-01-2010, 11:17 PM
hey mike,

top report and pics. i would love to get there.

cheers

brett

Benno1
25-01-2010, 11:20 PM
Great haul there...nice work when you can get it. How are the ramps over there at Stanage???... Thanks for the pics and report :D

Mrs Benno1
Sunny

jtpython
26-01-2010, 06:13 AM
Briallant Micheal.
Glad the weather held out been sloopy for a while . Nanny's are well and about up there .No reds mate hey.
Great report
JT

Michael Hughes
27-01-2010, 07:53 AM
Stanage / Percys
The ramp at Stanage is ok but you do need about half tide up and out for bigger boats /as for Reds they always seem to be around the 50 mark we did get two legal Reds, but put a lot back.
Mike

steve99
28-01-2010, 08:43 AM
Interesting report and nice pics.

Your right, Middle Percy is a long way offshore, but well worth the effort,especially if you have good weather. It was blowing 28knts when I went there with 3 mates in early July last year for a weeks camping. Approaching the Marble Islands we were surfing some pretty big swells,boy oh boy,it was a wild ride in a 30ft tinny.

Didn't catch too many fish - just culled 150 feral goats. 8-)