PDA

View Full Version : Lowrance LCX 3000 Help!!

cliffo
25-01-2010, 07:38 PM
Hi All

I have a Lowrance lms525c Combo unit which has worked perfectly for the last 18 months until yesterday.

It's not giving a gps position fix. just a blinking Question Mark.
I have read through alot of related threads and i cant make sense of it. heres what i have worked out

LCX 3000 external Antenna IS Connected and Powered and NMEA2000 system recognizes it - STATUS OK -

Also have E-60 Fuel Flow - Also reads - STATUS OK -

So i don't think its a network problem.

When i turn of the switch to the antenna "OFF", I get "GPS MODULE NOT RESPONDING" message. when i turn it back on the message disappears which tells me it IS Working.

So does this mean that the antenna is powered but just not working, which seems fairly common from my readings of this forum.

I have done software update, soft restart, hard restart to no avail.

Any Wisdom would be greatly appreciated

If someone has a spare lcx 3000 antenna that IS working, can you let me know if i can borrow it for diagnostic purposes.

Thanks

Cliffo

Grand_Marlin
26-01-2010, 06:31 AM
You have done everything I would do in a diagnostic test.

Can you go to the satellite status screen and see what satellites it is picking up?

Changing the aerial is your next step as you already know.
Sorry, I dont have one to loan you - with the introduction of the HDS range, external aerials have become a thing of the past.

Do the people you bought it off have a spare?

Can you send the aerial back to Navico for testing?

The LMS 525 units have a 2 year warranty, but a while ago (can't remember the date) they changed the peripheral devices to 12 months warranty.
I quick call to Navico will let you know if it is covered.

Cheers

Pete

cliffo
26-01-2010, 11:29 AM
Thanks Pete,

Satellite Screen is blank so obviously not picking up anything at all.

Will give Navico a call tomorrow.

Happy OZ Day to all

Cliffo