PDA

View Full Version : Marlin Sunday Mooloolaba

TCSunCoast
25-01-2010, 01:38 PM
Went out with one of my fellow SCGFC members in his boat on Sunday and had a couple of newbies on board that were sick on one of the best days on the water in ages on 40 ft'er.::) Go figure.
Got a double hookup on cobia early and broke the leader as one of the newbie's tried to lift it in. He was promptly shown the gaff.::)
I left mine in the water as others were following and it seemed a little bigger as we pitched some livies. As I went to finally get mine in it got a second lease of life and took off. After an hour and 10 mins with one very stubborn fish the line popped, maybe a shark took the smaller cobia as it was hanging around - we will never know.

Back on the troll and the flat line screams, up jumps newbie No2 and thinks he'll slow it down by pulling the lever back on the TLD 30:o to freespool. I don't need to tell you what reaction he got.

Back on the troll again and the afternoon sees us tag 2 from 2 blacks and the last one gets tagged and goes deep keeping my old man busy for 1hr and 45mins trying pull a systpected tail wrapped billy to the surface against the current. It ends up popping but tagged none the less, hopefully still swimming for the next fight.

All in all a good day with some leassons learnt. Good to see there are still fish around off Mooloolaba and there was a bit of bait as well.:D

Tony

goona
25-01-2010, 03:41 PM
Well done Tony. It is funny how people get sick in almost no sea. My son the last two trips out was pretty ill and it was almost dead flat. Go figure. How far out off Mooloolaba were you. Wasn't around the trench area was it. What Depth were the hook ups in?

Goona

lido76
25-01-2010, 05:39 PM
Hey Tony good to see you finally sink a tag in after the ones you lost at the bribie comp. Hopefully I will be able to get up there before I go back to work next Monday. It was nice meeting you and your old man at the bribie comp a couple of weeks ago. Craig and I wont be able to fish the sunny coast comp next week are you guys still fishing it? If so good luck at least there are still a few billies around ATM. Cheers Brendan.......

TCSunCoast
25-01-2010, 09:28 PM
Goona - just inside the banks, not sure of depth sorry I don't know exactly but its surprising how little you think of those things when on the deck beer in hand waiting for action.

Brendan - hopefully the monkey is my back. Yes we are fishing, lets hope for good weather, shame we wont get to have a beer, looks like we'll have to get in there one night for a feed!

Tony