PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Stacer 429 Nomad Elite

Robbo63
23-01-2010, 05:57 PM
Hi,
I am after a chat with an owner of a 429 Nomad Elite. I simply am after your thoughts on how they handle in the water, how they handle a variety of conditions(wind/waves/chop etc) ease to fish and move in, stability with a few crew. I am at a stage where I am tossing up between the hull design of the Nomad or to go with a v nose punt.
Appreciate some thoughts.

Thanks
Graham

wags on the water
23-01-2010, 10:17 PM
Graham, send Yogi74 a pm and I'm sure he'll tell you all you need to know.

Cheers,
Wags

yogi74
24-01-2010, 08:06 PM
I sent you a pm graham please fell free to give me a call

sunnycoast62
25-01-2010, 12:08 PM
Have just upsized from a Nomad. Great boat everything you could ask for for an estuary boat and smooth offshore. Only sold it because of my back problems and using a tiller steer didn't agree lifting motor up and down. I had a 30hp mariner 50 ltr underfloor tank live baitwell etc, it was just a great boat.

Warren

Robbo63
25-01-2010, 12:35 PM
Thanks Warren. How did the 30hp go with it? I am looking at a 40 if I need to. I want to put in a side console, do u think it would handle a console easily? How many would u suggest could fish comfortably?

Thanks
Graham

eureka
25-01-2010, 01:50 PM
hi graham
Ive got a 449 nomad which is a bit bigger and a bit more free board take it off shore when it's 10 knots or less great for the river and dam even when it blows up they have a got a good entry when it chops up and a very stable to move around Ive got a 50 on mine and she tops out at 32mph if you want you can have a look at it in the for sale section here I know it's a bit far from you just though you could get an idea as it sound like the way you will set yours up
cheers matt

geoffmck
25-01-2010, 09:22 PM
Graham, the nomad is just a Seahorse hull with some extra frills inside.
I had a 2005 model Seahorse and felt that it was not deep enough to have a high floor such as in the Nomad, but that was just my opinion.

I have just bought a new boat and after looking at the Stacers and Quintrex and Allycraft available in my area and getting prices for the setup I wanted, I ended up buying a Brooker Safari 4.1 sight unseen and drove up to collect from the Brooker factorey in Sydney. (I am in Gippsland) I bought the motor locally but could not beat the features/price of the Brooker.

Not bagging Stacer at all though, I had a 474 centre console a few years back with an 80hp and it was a great, fast, seaworthy boat.

If you are not 100% hooked on a Nomad, check out the Brookers and Allycraft range. They are great value for money.

Robbo63
26-01-2010, 09:32 AM
Graham, the nomad is just a Seahorse hull with some extra frills inside.
I had a 2005 model Seahorse and felt that it was not deep enough to have a high floor such as in the Nomad, but that was just my opinion.

I have just bought a new boat and after looking at the Stacers and Quintrex and Allycraft available in my area and getting prices for the setup I wanted, I ended up buying a Brooker Safari 4.1 sight unseen and drove up to collect from the Brooker factorey in Sydney. (I am in Gippsland) I bought the motor locally but could not beat the features/price of the Brooker.

Not bagging Stacer at all though, I had a 474 centre console a few years back with an 80hp and it was a great, fast, seaworthy boat.

If you are not 100% hooked on a Nomad, check out the Brookers and Allycraft range. They are great value for money.
I own an old Brooker now. It has been great but seen better days and the old centre thwart drives us crazy when fishing. Therefore I am looking for a more 'fisher friendly' boat. I rang a brooker dealer in the region. He does not have what I am after, couldn't get me a brochure and the Brooker website does not give you a great idea as to what the boats look like. Where did u get your info etc to help make your decision?

Thanks
Graham

geoffmck
26-01-2010, 09:41 PM
Graham, I just did a search on the www.
There was good detail and pics on www.boatpoint.com.au (http://www.boatpoint.com.au)
Just browse into the various brand name sections in the for sale area.

I got all the finer details from Peter at Cunninghams Marine where I ended up buying the boat from.

The following is a list of inclusions on the 4.1 Safari.

Carpeted floor
Front Bow Rails with navigation light brackets (no lights)
Short Side Rails
Bow Roller
Pedestal Positions ( 4 )
Pedestal Seats ( 2 )
3 MM Bottom & 2 MM Sides
Casting Deck
Extruded Side Decks (no rod holders fitted)
Anchor well
Side pockets (both sides)

I was told the rear step was an add-on but my boat was supplied with one as standard, so that might have changed.

Note the 3mm bottom and 2mm sides.

I paid $4,350 for the unpainted hull I collected from the Brooker factory in Sydney.

I hope this helps?