PDA

View Full Version : Minn Kota Copilot.. Correct model number

poppers81
22-01-2010, 06:14 PM
Hi all,
Looking at purchasing the wireless copilot kit for my minn kota and have been doing a little bit of research myself whilst on holidays. What I have uncovered has left me more confused then when I started so i was wondering if someone on here may be able to shed some light on the situation. I have a riptide 55lb with auto pilot (round plugs). Speaking with local marine retailers i was quoted between $330 to $390. I had previously noted on the minn kota website that the part i required was a 1866101 co pilot kit but when talk to the stores around Brissy they have all told me what i need is a 602982. when I have looked this up thru minn kota it is not noted as a model number for anything which brings me to the question Do we have different parts number in australia to the US? Are they actually the same thing just listed differently or are they actually difffrent in some way? Has anyone on here purchased an American version (maybe the same model number1866101) and had any problems as they are considerably cheaper. I have purchased quite a few things from the states of late so not overly worried about that side of things..

Hope someone can help me with this,

Andy

hodges4
23-01-2010, 03:57 PM
Andy
I bought a co-pilot for my RT55 a couple of years ago. I bought it from Northland Marine in US. Saved a lot of money and got great service. Have a look at their site http://www.northlandmarine.com/ They seem to have everything you could want for Minn Kota and are all too willing to answer questions. They'll help you identify what you require.

Hohn