PDA

View Full Version : The business' that deserve the 'thumbs up'?

Damned67
21-01-2010, 10:51 PM
Just read a thread in the boating section: http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=160054

And it got me thinking... Customer service seems to a forgotten art these days, and those business' that do value our custom deserve the recognition. I, for one, will spend more on a product knowing that the customer service is there.

So, how's about a big 'thumbs up' to those that deserve it?
Some of the best customer service I've received lately has come from:
The Tackle Warehouse (just awesome guys, always willing to lend advice, and more often than not, a healthy discount)...
RJayz (I had a small issue, and they went above and beyond any expectation to help)...
Doug Burt's staff are always excellent in the Customer service department...
While I haven't yet ordered anything yet, PE Tackle (www.petackle.com (http://www.petackle.com)) have already proven themselves to me in the customer service department...
Oh, and I couldn't have a thread like this without giving a HUGE thumbs up to Phil and the guys at Viper Boats!!!

So, who else would you all recommend, without hesitation, to everyone?

Cheers!

Steeler
21-01-2010, 11:14 PM
Hi Damned67

Living down here in God's country Newcastle in the premier state i would have to say Lifestyle Marine at Toronto.Sally and Simon in there are both wonderful help and very knowledgeable when dopes like me need parts and a tip or two.

Also Bills Outboards of Kurri Kurri.Bill is a Tohi dealer and carries a huge range of new,used and NOS ( new old stock ) parts and accessories for a variety of makes and models.Bill is very much old school service at a fair price and picking his brains for advice is never any problem.

Cheers

Steve

Wahoo
22-01-2010, 06:16 AM
dont know if he has a business up and running, but i would like to thank GOD for making a outstanding motor...the " V ROD " i have had mine sitting in the shed a few months now, very quite, used bugger all fuel while there, its the real black motor not a copy....maybe i should stop there............

Daz

HeadBanger
22-01-2010, 10:06 AM
I definitely recommend any Alvey products. I made a thread a few weeks ago, outlining an experience with a dodgy bait pump and saying how good their customer service is, and got many replies from people giving details about similar great experiences with Alvey.

As far as I'm concerned, great customer service will always work better on me than any advertising. As soon as I save some money, I'll be getting an Alvey reel, simply because I know I can trust their product and will always be supported by them, if something should something go wrong with it.

Cheers,
Kaidon:freak:

shrunken pojie
22-01-2010, 06:20 PM
I would have to give Origin Boats at Scarborough a big thumbs up. The blokes there did a great job welding up the broken ribs on the tinny and then adding some extra strength to stop it going again. They were also more then happy to give me as much advise as they could about the boat and boating in general.

Also, Wade Wiemers is a great outboard mechanic. He has a mobile service and is happy to have you look over his shoulder and ask as many stupic newby questions as you can think off. Also made the offer to call him any time if I had an issue while out on the water. Great bloke.

Phill

Flex
22-01-2010, 09:34 PM
Barra Jacks Tackleworld at Rockhampton,
Always friendly, very very knowledgeable(which is the main reason I go there) and often give you a decent deal, specially if your a return customer

yogi74
23-01-2010, 10:26 AM
Anglers Connection at Palm Beach, Great service great advice great prices very friendly couple of lads.

mookyandlumpy
23-01-2010, 11:14 AM
i give mine to Rod at baitmate bait boards ,( baitmate.com.au ) very good product , willing to go the extra mile and customize your baitboard

Mrs Ronnie H
23-01-2010, 12:17 PM
Hi all
Seeing everyone else is getting a plug might just have to say i get well looked after by Danny, Vinny and Scotto at Outback Adventures Morayfield for all my tackle,Rods and Camping Gear and if they haven't got it they will get it for you. Service and advice is great. Also have to give give Keith at Motorsport Marine Burpengary the thumbs up for looking after our suzuki-- great job,excellent service.

Ronnie

Fish_gutz
23-01-2010, 04:57 PM
Kieth @ jeffers motorsport ( as above) for not only doing a great job and priced well below the other yamaha place close by but taking the time to explain everything in plain english ! cheers. They are @ brewer st burpengary if you need your boat serviced. Cheers Andrew

sailfisher580
23-01-2010, 07:48 PM
I'd give up big thumbs up to all the "LOCAL" Bait and Tackle shops out there still giving good service and advice, while a lot of them are doing it tough from the big chain stores.
Thanks
Sailfisher

samsnap
23-01-2010, 08:47 PM
Gordon at Tackle World Sandgate, The team at All Round Angler at Caboolture & Benny from The Tackle Shop at Carseldine - All have listened & offered great advise and product to myself & family over the years - THUMBS UP BLOKES!!!

loophole
23-01-2010, 09:41 PM
Kieth @ jeffers motorsport ( as above) for not only doing a great job and priced well below the other yamaha place close by but taking the time to explain everything in plain english ! cheers. They are @ brewer st burpengary if you need your boat serviced. Cheers Andrew

Ill 3rd that. excellent job:)

TimiBoy
24-01-2010, 10:12 AM
Express Require-A-Tyre. Cnr Wynnum and Manly Roads in the big Carwash Block. I get amazing service from these blokes, and a couple of my Fisho Mates have done well there too.

Ask for Brad or Marty, tell them Tim the Earthmover sent you!

Cheers,

Tim

cqfreshie
25-01-2010, 02:34 PM
Barra Jack's Tackleworld in Rocky ... always made welcome, willing to talk, listen and give advice. Best fresh bait in CQ.

danryan75
27-01-2010, 08:11 PM
anybody have wade weimers no. on hand?

LostNearBribie
27-01-2010, 10:43 PM
As mentioned in the first post Tackle Warehouse is awesome.
PE Tackle is run by some great guys.
Egrell Rods, Eric and Deb are just fantastic...

samsnap
28-01-2010, 04:48 PM
Here Goes - Wade Wiemers 0437 733 056.Good bloke services our Yammy.
Sammy xx

TheRealAndy
28-01-2010, 04:56 PM
Gordon at Tackle World Sandgate, The team at All Round Angler at Caboolture & Benny from The Tackle Shop at Carseldine - All have listened & offered great advise and product to myself & family over the years - THUMBS UP BLOKES!!!

I'll second Gordon from Tackleworld Sandgate.

Damned67
30-01-2010, 12:33 AM
While I'm thinking of it, and while it's not necessarily a 'business', a big thumbs up to Micheal Guest and all the organisers of the Pirtek Fishing Challenge!!!
They were awesome last year, and went well above and beyond in rewarding my little girl (who was 5, and placed 2nd in the Junior, Flathead category).... so much so that it went a long way to cementing her love of fishing....
Of course, now she thinks that every time she lands a decent fish, she'll get a certificate and a new fishing rod.. but that's beside the point....;D

I encourage everyone to get involved in the 2010 Pirtek Fishing Challenge. It was an outstanding comp in 2009, and all proceeds go to a very worthwhile charity (prostate cancer).....

shayned
30-01-2010, 11:49 AM
Can't go passed Ian Majors and guys at the Tackle Shop Carseldine, good service, good advice and plenty of good works done by them behind the scenes.

Knotpretty
30-01-2010, 12:51 PM
I'll plug them again and again. But the team at Ballina Marineland are outstanding. It is the best business I've dealt with in thirty years of living in Ballina.
Mojo

castlemaine
30-01-2010, 04:49 PM
Have to be CAMPING SOLUTIONS CLEVELAND for me. Great friendly service.8-)

Donny Boy
03-02-2010, 02:07 PM
Mark at MC Marine........lives in Tamborine..........also has a shed in Coomera.
Brilliant on motors ( mines a Johno, but he's a gun on Yamaha ) good service, good advice, reasonably priced, and has a pet Marine Electrician in the same shed with him.