PDA

View Full Version : EPIRB Registration sticker expiry date

Dignity
21-01-2010, 09:28 PM
This may have already been covered but I just went online to change my address for my EPIRB and was reading the letter I originally got when I did register and there was this short sentence that says "Your registration sticker is valid for 2 years".
I'm now wondering,

Will a new sticker be sent out automatically, or
An email or other correspondence be sent advising to reregister, or
In about a years time the revenue coffers be bolstered by the checking of registration stickers on EPIRB's as happened soon after they became mandatory.

Cynical maybe, I understand the need to make sure that registration is current but it certainly wasn't something I was made aware of or am I alone out there.

Hell Boy
21-01-2010, 09:37 PM
Im not to sure, but i have noticed that whenever i update my details online they send out a new sticker dated 2 years from the day of the amendment.

Dignity
21-01-2010, 10:07 PM
H B I wonder if that means that those that expire will be automatically be reregistered.

Dignity
21-01-2010, 10:17 PM
Dear Moderator - I think this thread belongs back under "General" as it does not concern "Electronics" but the registration sticker attached.

Hell Boy
21-01-2010, 10:19 PM
H B I wonder if that means that those that expire will be automatically be reregistered.

Hopefully it will, or a lot of people are going to get caught out and face fines.

i guess we will find out in the next year or two. like i said before i normally update my details every 6 months and send out a new sticker so i should be right.

It would be good to hear from people that have had the Epribs for over two years and haven't updated the details.

bundylundy
21-01-2010, 11:30 PM
I think the main reason is to keep "User" details up to date. Hopefully they will send out a reminder prior to the 2 years.

Jeff.

Dignity
22-01-2010, 05:35 AM
Hell Boy, I guess we wait and see.
Bundy, I reasoned that this was the case but then the authorities will still use this as an excuse to raise a little bit of revenue.

honda900
22-01-2010, 01:38 PM
Registration stickers;

Have you had a look at the stickers themsevles? they are not waterproof and fade in the sun.

Battery life on the epirbs if 5 years so they issue a 2 year sticker.

Rocket scientist hey.. :o

Regards
Honda.