PDA

View Full Version : Hutchies & Cape Wednesday (1,0,0)

InterNut
21-01-2010, 08:03 PM
Missus birthday so thought I would take her out fishing with the promise of her first marlin. I actually got away with it even after waking her at 3:30am:D
On the water at Bribie by 5am and stopped off at just about every buoy on the way out to the cape looking for live bait. Only got the one small yakka and a couple of whiptails. Anyone wanting to part with some spots for catching live bait would be appreciated. Trolled skip & swim gar from the cape to hutchies for naught. Ventured out to the 100mtr line and back a few times, zipped all around hutchies and still couldn’t turn a trick. Around midday drifted the live bait for an hour or so off hutchies for no takers.
Put the skirts on and ventured out wide again and trolled back towards the cape. Saw a dozen or so flying fish take to the air and immediately got a double on dollies, one of which was a nice fish for the missus (happy birthday). Putting the spread back out and bang a small black hit the pusher I was feeding slowing out to the back of the spread but didn’t stick. 15 minutes later in the same area and more flying fish and another good dollie. Called it quits around four and headed back in, home by 5:30.
No bills for the season yet and missus still to get her first but a beautiful day on the water. Maybe mothers day is the day!

captain rednut
21-01-2010, 09:36 PM
hey internut good to see the girls haven a go!! ive got my wife booked on for the first marlin experience in march at the bribie game club ladies competition, there will be about 20 plus ladies fishen for billies for the first time.
cheers jim

InterNut
22-01-2010, 06:43 PM
Just had a talk to the missus and we will try to get a few of the girls together for that comp. Do you have the contact details for the club Jim?

Cheers

Roger

burleygu
23-01-2010, 10:13 AM
internut i find the surecatch jigs with a 16 size hook in green/gold feather work good around the pilons in the bay. funny thing is ive found all the bait sits in front of the pilon facing into the current. and cannot catch anything in the slack water behind the beacon. was over at the closest shipping beacon nearest bribie. and couldnt miss pike yakkas herring whiptails. little bit of pilcarhd on the jigs never goes a stray aswell...

TCSunCoast
23-01-2010, 01:45 PM
Great to see you had good day, the billfish will come, least the dollies are good to chew

Tony