PDA

View Full Version : Hutchies

Fish_gutz
21-01-2010, 11:11 AM
Headed out with Matty (F.T.R) and Wally (Jarhead) for a days trolling etc around Hutchies , ended up with a hoo that went 8.5 kilo and a bigger one spat the hooks near the boat(bad luck Matty)
Wally snuck of somewhere and scored seven nice pearlies and I also donated some gear to the depths through my own stupidity with a new skirt sinking away after trying to sort out a tangle and the little rats with spots in the bay took a few slugs of me also. was plenty of them just west of the four beacons and they weren`t too scared and were chasing slugs right up to the boat.

Cheers Andrew

craigie
21-01-2010, 01:31 PM
Nice going Andrew,

A good couple of feeds from the nice Hooo.

Did you get any of the Spotties into the boat or did they just keep stealing your gear to add to there bling collection ?? What time of day did the spotties appear ?

Thanks & Regards
Craigie.

f.t.r.
21-01-2010, 02:58 PM
craigie,

no spotties were put in the boat, lost one close, and the rest did a hit and run on the slugs. jarhead managed one for the esky.

we came across the action and many boats about 2pm after stopping in at tangalooma to rehydrate from a hot, long day. conditions got a bit worse soon after and made it uncomfortable for throwing slugs.

matty

jarhead
21-01-2010, 08:32 PM
Cheers on a top day Muz, shame we did'nt have more luck on the troll. Can't complain though with the feed of pearlies we ended up with. We ended up doing 185 k's for just over 100 litres, gotta love those 4 strokes.

Wal

Fish_gutz
23-01-2010, 04:29 PM
Hey Wal , yeah not bad economy but mine`s still running rough at idle. needs to go back for check up. other than that a top day but I would have been better of leaving the spotties and dashing for home. that northerly slop makes for either a slow or very bumpy trip home.
better send the pearly spot to me when ya get a chance. Cheers Andrew

Pistol_P
23-01-2010, 04:41 PM
Nice Hoo Andrew.

I didnt fish 2day and my fishn buddy Adrian went out and scored a little black.::)

Pete

Fish_gutz
23-01-2010, 05:26 PM
Thanks Pete, a black is my goal this summer but some fresh fish in the freezer never goes astray.