PDA

View Full Version : Big changes for the ABT Barra tour

NAGG
20-01-2010, 06:26 AM
Hi All

It looks like some considerable changes to the ABT barra tour this year ....... a split tour ( boater / non boater event) + more events throughout the year

You can find out a little more here

www.fishingmonthly.com.au/bb3/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=11697 (http://www.fishingmonthly.com.au/bb3/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=11697)

Chris

baggersace
22-01-2010, 08:28 AM
Yeah Naggs I'm wrapped about the extra rounds and the idea of a GF. :D I've had to drop my under performing partner to do the 2010 series, he's apparently got some organising to do:P .

Lets see how many anglers enter this year with the new format, given last years results I think the numbers will be up, especially for Awoonga.

Ian

Steve B
22-01-2010, 09:14 AM
Personally, It's no good for me. I cant 'drop of a hat' get or change holidays to suit the tour (well its not that now anyway)..I look forward to the couple of weeks at the end of the year, you can fish as much or as little as you like....but its at roughly the same time. I am pondering how many others will have this same problem scheduling holidays and family to do all the tours.

Dont get me wrong, I dont mind the concept. It brings barra into a sismilar format to bass and bream...the GF is a good idea too. This is the course the comp needs to go if it is going to become 'professional' I spose. I just like the tour the way it was, as a social yet competitive tour with friends and to compete against the best in the business. The steady increase in competitors would suggest that others like the concept too.

As for boater/non boater? - I have fished plenty in the bass...and its pretty fun...I have had some excellent boaters, some not...and as a boater I had all good non boaters. but, where teamwork between angler and netman is involved in landing a barra (netman often has to use the electric too) the non boater role is way less important in bass than barra...I can foresee some dramas with that....but its the way of the future.

I am certainly not bagging the changes...they just dont suit me, as I have stated. It will be interesting to see numbers. If my days off fall on the scheduled times, I may well be able to fish....other than that I am now hamstrung...(except for November rounds..got hols then;))

I will stop crying now and harden T F up.;D;D
Cheers Steve

matt fraser
22-01-2010, 10:17 AM
Yeah Naggs I'm wrapped about the extra rounds and the idea of a GF. :D I've had to drop my under performing partner to do the 2010 series, he's apparently got some organising to do:P .

Lets see how many anglers enter this year with the new format, given last years results I think the numbers will be up, especially for Awoonga.

Ian

Do you see what lengths I had to go to to get out of fishing with you again Ian. I just couldn't go throught the back pain of having to carry you again ;D .

Steve, Hopefully you can get along to a couple events, I believe the Mondy comps will be on weekends both times, or close to it.

April tour, Mondy will be on a Friday/Saturday
November on a Sat/Sun
Hopefully that will work for locals and SEQ Barra Anglers.

Cheers,

Matt

Steve B
22-01-2010, 11:29 AM
Yeah Matt, I will be doing my best. As I said, its just hard when you have to book holidays a year in advance!! I dont think I have seen any other organisation where you have to do that. Its a real pain in the a$$.!!!

I hope I can swindle time off...I am keen again this year to give it a chop!! Did you get your tournament guide yet??

I just read a bit of it. Got me wanting to fish!!!;);D

Good luck with the organiser role Matt. It would be a thankless job soemtimes I reckon. Good on you for taking it on...ABT will be better for it.

Cheers Steve

matt fraser
22-01-2010, 01:23 PM
That must be tough, trying to work your holidays so far in advance!!

Hope it works out ok for you.

I'm going to need to toughen up to handle the tournament organiser role. Its impossible to please everyone thats for sure.

Cheers,

Matt