PDA

View Full Version : motor stopped charging hmmm

DONTdoIT
19-01-2010, 03:33 PM
well motor has stopped charging the battery bahhhh

anyway some after some pointers on where 2 start looking or do i just give it to the mechanic ?? i did tell him last time he did majour service but he said it was ok shakes head

anyway its like a 1985 70 johnson no idear how they charge lol

thanks Ian

Steeler
19-01-2010, 04:19 PM
Hi Ian

I know it may sound like i'm being a smart@#$ but have you checked the condition of your terminals,you'd be surprised just how often it is something silly like that.Check all the simple things you can do yourself before parting with your hard earned.

Reggie at Sorro's.Lisarow just past the overpass on the back road on your way to Sarah Lee won't charge an arm and a leg to take a quick look i'm sure.

Cheers

Steve

Steve

DONTdoIT
19-01-2010, 04:49 PM
hay steve i prob should have mentioned
i rewired everything with fresh wire when i got the boat. allso new battery n terminals.

i got a digital readout n it has 0 coming out what ever is in battery is all you get lol i took it to arizona at charmhaven
he did a majour service and after that it was a bitch 2 start n now its stopped charging.
i have taken it back 2 times n i aint going for a 3rd... is it to much 2 ask for it to just start first try lol

but yeah anyway i gone over the wires they all tight n nothing is earthing out all elec works.... just motor wont throw charge down the line ;(-

Steeler
19-01-2010, 05:19 PM
Give Reggie a call for a chat,he's old school service and real handy with OMC's,he used to build and race his own both here and in some of the biggest races in the states and give the factory teams a real run for there money.

Cheers

Steve

finga
20-01-2010, 07:43 AM
Does the taco work?

That's a symptom usually asked for diagnosis and is an idicator of a crook recitifier/regulator.