PDA

View Full Version : Lowrance LMS 527 no map??

thelump
18-01-2010, 08:40 AM
Hi all
I turned on my sounder/plotter on the weekend as usual but this time I have no map?? Just all my way points and trails? It has an over zoomed icon in the top left of screen that wont disappear until i zoom out to about 20km. Still no map? The machine functions as per usual but without the mapping. Any ideas??

Pretzil
18-01-2010, 12:04 PM
The card is in, yes?
If so, you might need to go into system settings and try to find something like 'map settings' or something.

Good luck

Bowser
18-01-2010, 06:11 PM
Sounds like it isn't picking up your card. Obviously confirm it is in and then through the menu you will have to select the card and chart area that is suited to your location. With the standard chart you loose info at around 20kms.

mowerman
18-01-2010, 07:00 PM
Mate,, My 327 does this every now and then.

I turn the unit off.
Take the card out.
Blow like all crap on the card contacts and the unit contacts.
Put the card back in.
Turn on unit.

Works every time.

Dust? Moisture? Not sure but it works.

Rod

thelump
19-01-2010, 07:12 AM
The card is in, yes?
If so, you might need to go into system settings and try to find something like 'map settings' or something.

Good luck

Card is in. I am going to do a soft reset as advised by Navico and see if that works.:-/

thelump
19-01-2010, 07:13 AM
Mate,, My 327 does this every now and then.

I turn the unit off.
Take the card out.
Blow like all crap on the card contacts and the unit contacts.
Put the card back in.
Turn on unit.

Works every time.

Dust? Moisture? Not sure but it works.

Rod

I will try that this arvo. I did pull it out and give it a wipe but no joy.

honda900
19-01-2010, 02:28 PM
Jase,

give me a yell if you want to test the card in another unit or the unit with another card.

Regards
HOnda.

thelump
20-01-2010, 07:44 AM
Jase,

give me a yell if you want to test the card in another unit or the unit with another card.

Regards
HOnda.

Thanks mate and thanks to all. For some reason the choice of maps had changed itself to Lowrance?????? in the map data section. I reselected the QLD map and up it came. Buggered if I know why but its all good now
Cheers