PDA

View Full Version : Quiet Sun off Lookout

Horse
18-01-2010, 07:32 AM
I went in search of a Spaniard or Hoo on Sunday. Dis several hours of trolling from slow trolling livies on the downrigger to high speed metal skirts.
I pulled a nice Cod on the downrigger with a live Slimy and connected with a few 6kg+ Mac Tuna on the high speed lures (they put a nice bend in the rod;D )

Plenty of Bonito on the bait grounds to the point where they were destroying my bait jigs on the way down.
Nice day on the water but none of the:'( toothy brigade

Cheers

Neil

snapperbasher
18-01-2010, 07:47 AM
Hey Neil I was out there too we got 4 reasonable spangles and then trolled for a few hours and only got harrassed by mac tuna I saw a fairly big hoo come out of the water underneath a tuna school on the 35's but couldn't get a hit.

Benno1
18-01-2010, 08:14 AM
Decent Gold Spot there Neil...nice one...maybe next time with the spanos and hoos. Cheers for the pic and report.

Mrs Benno1
Sunny

TimD
18-01-2010, 11:20 AM
Solid cod there Horse :thumbsup:

cheers tim :)

cobiaman
18-01-2010, 05:56 PM
nice cod horse, how were conditions?

bayfisher
18-01-2010, 06:30 PM
Your certainly putting in the hours to find that big mack or hoo, that's for sure. It can only a matter of time ;D.

captain rednut
18-01-2010, 09:52 PM
hey neil
good to hear your out on the water again! has glen been with you on the last couple of trips? maybe some wahoo next trip on the lure i told glen to buy??
cheers jim

Horse
18-01-2010, 09:53 PM
nice cod horse, how were conditions?

The conditions were great. A bit of breeze every now and then but a low swell and little sea on it. All it needed was a big Hoo to come out to play;D

Horse
18-01-2010, 09:56 PM
hey neil
good to hear your out on the water again! has glen been with you on the last couple of trips? maybe some wahoo next trip on the lure i told glen to buy??
cheers jim

Yea Glenn came along this trip to gaff my fish. He had one of those days:P . He even swam the lure you told him about but it blew out at around 7- 8knts:-/

Horse
18-01-2010, 09:58 PM
Your certainly putting in the hours to find that big mack or hoo, that's for sure. It can only a matter of time ;D.

Your not wrong Chris. Thats 3 trips where the bycatch has saved the day. Hopefully thing will fall into place soon

rakinray
21-01-2010, 05:55 PM
Hey Neil nice cod mate, hope you get a toothy critter soon. Ive been waiting for you to hit the jackpot before i head out to find them. You been to the WRB yet ?

CHEERS RAY.

Horse
22-01-2010, 05:23 AM
Hey Neil nice cod mate, hope you get a toothy critter soon. Ive been waiting for you to hit the jackpot before i head out to find them. You been to the WRB yet ?

CHEERS RAY.

Ray

I had a look early in the season but no go. Those toothy cruitters are just playing hard to get at the moment

Cheers

Neil