PDA

View Full Version : Heads Up - Water Police Location

sleepygreg
18-01-2010, 12:34 AM
Mods - if this is in the wrong section...please move to appropriate section.

Found out today that the Water Police are checking out possible bases in the northern bay. Their only bases to cover our area at present are Brissie River and Maloolabah. They have leased a pontoon at the Morerton Bay Boat Club for three months, then will lease one at Bribie for three months to see which is more practical.

If they are really serious they will finish up basing out of Scarbie, as I doubt their main launch will get under the Bribie bridge at anything other than low tide.

I will be the first to p%ss em off as their lease starts from tomorrow (monday 18/1) and the pontoon they have leased is the one my club has booked for our Tournament this coming weekend.......I believe they have been told this.

Expect an increased presence in the northen bay from the boys in blue.

PS. I am in no way against this. I cant understand why they dont have a base in the northern bay. Some of the idiots around here have been getting away with murder for far too long.

Cheers
Greg

Kleyny
18-01-2010, 08:23 AM
About bloody time i think.

neil

Razgo-
18-01-2010, 10:30 AM
I think it makes more sense at Morerton Bay Boat Club as its practically halfway to everything. Perhaps Raby Bay is closer to halfway but manly sounds ideal to me.

ooglie74
18-01-2010, 04:31 PM
Lets hope they dont go to overboard with people during the comp Greg.

Should be interesting to see how it affects the comp anyways.

Where are all the boats going to raft up now???

Cheers Troy

sleepygreg
18-01-2010, 09:45 PM
Troy, they wont be there during the comp, as they have been told that all the pontoons are fully booked for the weekend. Unless they use the public wharf on the other side of the club. We have a temporary pontoon going in on thursday linking number 1 and number 2 pontoons so we can have a much better raft up this year. We have also exetended our boundaries for the comp north to Noosa heads.

I would have thought that with the building of the new marina complex in scarbie harbour (which is a government project) the Water Police would have incorporated a base in that complex......or am i giving the government to much credit for common sense. With the amount of dredging they have been doing over the last few months you should be able to berth the USS Enterprise in there depth wise.

Greg

ooglie74
20-01-2010, 11:11 AM
Why did the boundaries get extended???
When did they decide that?

Cheers Troy