PDA

View Full Version : Wahoo

Reel Blue
17-01-2010, 09:26 PM
Went fishing today with my rellies up from Inverell, Ben and Adam and their mate Pete. Pete and Ben came with me and Adam went fishing with my brother who went for his first trip in his new Yalta 2200. We headed to the Cape and Hutchies along with every other boatowner in SE Queensland. The weather was sensation with the calmest conditions in the morning I've experienced for the whole holiday break. The fish were not really playing the game with some short runs that failed to stay connected and a good dollie that threw the hooks whilst jumping. The fish were quiet all day. We boated one Wahoo at Hutchies before leaving there to find some water away from the masses. We trolled skirts searching for some Blacks and saw one free jumping near the boat. It showed no interest in our lures though. Another two Wahoo on skirts brought the tally on my boat to three so at least the boys have some fresh fish to take home.

My brothers new Yalta with 150 Yammie four stroke went well and ate up the choppy conditions on the way home from Tangas about 5pm.

Back to work this week and to hoping for good weekend weather!

jtpython
17-01-2010, 09:40 PM
Good Hoo's am yet to pull one. Yalta looks nice
JT

sleepygreg
17-01-2010, 11:57 PM
Great 'Hoos. That is a top pic of the Yalta. Way to go.

Cheers Greg

lizard bribie
18-01-2010, 06:33 AM
:o NICE REPORT GREAT PICS MATE FISHED OUT THERE SAT FOR ONE WAHOO IT WAS LIKE QUEEN ST HOPE TO GET OUT AGAIN WED AM cheers lizard bribie;D

Benno1
18-01-2010, 08:24 AM
theyre a great looking fish arent they...all streamline and toothy. Would have cooked up a treat id say. Great pics!!!
Thanks for the pics and report.

Mrs Benno1
Sunny

Angla
18-01-2010, 05:11 PM
Would have been nice if you could have sent just one down to point lookout. They are still eluding me. They are worth the wait though I am sure.

Cheers
Chris