PDA

View Full Version : Fish'n'problems

Angla
17-01-2010, 05:42 PM
Long story short.

Took 3 good looking Mac Tuna today from between sevens reef and 35's, off Point Lookout. also got 2 squire at 51 and 36 cm for the dinner plate.

I think the weather was not what was predicted

Lost my blood bin over the side today while trying to catch a little bit of water to flush out the blood, caught a whole wave, while trolling. Just could not find it again.

Broke the winch webbing strap while hooking the boat on. no serious damage just tied it temporarily to the hook as the motor was still holding the boat on the trailer

Broke a alternator bolt on the Optimax but it still got me home.

And last, the bbq steak was tough when I fried it last night for my steak sandwich, while enjoying the views over the bay from Amity.

Cheers
Chris

trymyluck
17-01-2010, 06:00 PM
Don't ya just love it when things go wrong, at least you got a feed and got home.
Could have gone a lot worst.

Mark

indy
17-01-2010, 07:12 PM
Yeah i am hearing you last few trips i have had small issues really gives you the sh*ts

Horse
17-01-2010, 07:14 PM
I pulled a few big MT today at the Sevens. They certainly punch well abbove their weight. Not much else there

Angla
17-01-2010, 07:26 PM
I pulled a few big MT today at the Sevens. They certainly punch well abbove their weight. Not much else there

They are a good size for baits all right. Were you in the light blue trimmed boat that was trolling around? I was pulling 4 x skirts, what did the damage for you?

Cheers
Chris

Jurkyjj
17-01-2010, 07:28 PM
At least you got home Chris....it could have been a lot worse.

Maybe next time, some fresh Mac Tuna on the bbq instead of the steak will go down a lot better.

Jason.

lampuki
17-01-2010, 08:07 PM
Angla....

They say bad things happen in threes?

RE the OPTI.... the alternator bolt was the only thing that every broke on my opti....not sure if there is a design issue there.....I wonder how many other opti owners have had a bolt snap....I assume you were alerted to the issue by a knocking sound coming from the engine?

I went out yesterday, and my GPS was not able to aquire a signal for four hours - had to go back to old school map and compass ......i could see the unit picking up 10 + satelittes at maximum strength. The unit is a navman 6600...anyone have anyideas or experienced anything like this? I was thinking of buying a new GPS sometime...not yet though..

We caught parrot, pearlies, wrasse and a mother in law......and as many mac tuna as we wanted...with tripple hookups whilst slugging on 3 kilo gear it was good fun.

We were in the middle of a paddock of them..

Anyway, gald to see you had a an ok trip, and maybe carry a spare bolt in case of a reoccurrence?

DALEPRICE
17-01-2010, 08:21 PM
makes you really appreciate the good days, all home safe and sound is the main thing.
cheers dale

Angla
17-01-2010, 09:09 PM
Angla....

They say bad things happen in threes?

RE the OPTI.... the alternator bolt was the only thing that every broke on my opti....not sure if there is a design issue there.....I wonder how many other opti owners have had a bolt snap....I assume you were alerted to the issue by a knocking sound coming from the engine?

I went out yesterday, and my GPS was not able to aquire a signal for four hours - had to go back to old school map and compass ......i could see the unit picking up 10 + satelittes at maximum strength. The unit is a navman 6600...anyone have anyideas or experienced anything like this? I was thinking of buying a new GPS sometime...not yet though..

We caught parrot, pearlies, wrasse and a mother in law......and as many mac tuna as we wanted...with tripple hookups whilst slugging on 3 kilo gear it was good fun.

We were in the middle of a paddock of them..

Anyway, gald to see you had a an ok trip, and maybe carry a spare bolt in case of a reoccurrence?

Funny sound it was . A bit squidy like a pumping sound and then a slight rattle. Removed the cowling and found it within 5 seconds with the motor running. I think I will replace it as a matter of course so that the flange doesn't snap off the motor.

You did well on the fish side without marks. It sounds like a software problem maybe.,

Cheers
Chris

MEGA'bite
17-01-2010, 09:25 PM
happened to my opti as well

jtpython
17-01-2010, 09:46 PM
Good stuff Chris ............. Whens your Stanage Trip happening .
I may have to refit another filter in mine sounded a little missy at couple stages when driving up to our drifts .
JT

Angla
18-01-2010, 04:53 PM
Good stuff Chris ............. Whens your Stanage Trip happening .
I may have to refit another filter in mine sounded a little missy at couple stages when driving up to our drifts .
JT

I am full on back at work now so unless i get a bit of a slack time in Feb, as is normally the case, it may be off the books in the nearer future.

I'm praying for the slack time and a little "Light and variable disease" then she's ON.

Cheers
Chris