PDA

View Full Version : Minn Kota Control Board

Barraboss
17-01-2010, 02:26 PM
I have a Riptide 55lb A/P Minn Kota Bow Mount and have worked out the control board is knackered as it only steers to one direction (right). Does anyone know where and how much I can pick one of these up for?

All help appreciated immensely so I can start fishing for Barra again

Cheers
Matt

Leighton
17-01-2010, 02:28 PM
3 year warranty through BLA

rooboy98
17-01-2010, 03:11 PM
G'day Matt,

I have just ordered a new foot control for my 65lb Riptide for the same reason (except I could only turn left !). Mine is the older model with the black flat 8 pin connector.

They retail here for $165 for the entire foot control.

I ended up buying one from the States which hopefully will be here this week. It cost about $73 (Australian Dollars). You can also just buy the circuit board which is cheaper again but obviously you have to solder it in yourself.

Never realised how much I used my electric until it started playing up. I find it's really quite bloody frustrating fishing without it, so much so that I haven't even been out fishing since I pulled the thing apart to troubleshoot it.

Cheers,
Roo.

hodges4
17-01-2010, 03:37 PM
Hi Matt
I bought a wireless remote from here
http://secure.northlandmarine.com/MinnKotaQuickRef.htm#Anchor##Trolling%20motors

Their price was good and delivery fast.

John

Barraboss
19-01-2010, 05:20 PM
Thanks guys,

I have not given enough information as it is the control board in the head of the unit near the compass. However, John they have the board on the site shown. Thank you

Cheers
Matt