PDA

View Full Version : goldie again

rosco1974
17-01-2010, 02:23 PM
took my best mates joe and evan out for a fish thismornin,had the boat in the water by 4.30 and headed out ot a mark i plotted the week before at the 18's,we all droped over and i was on straight away:) thought this is going to be a great day,it turned out to be a undersized trag,then evan hooked up also a undersize trag,we droped back down and old joey had a solid hook up to the bottom;D ,boy did we give it to him,went for another drift over the mark and me and evan hooked up again i got another trag undersized and evan got a scorpian cod,so with 2 drifts and no keepers we headed to my so called trag mark,when we got there there was bugger all bait around and fishin was real tough,evan hooked up 1st to a nice size parrot going 38cm and i got a sweep and old joey was havin a shocker,over the next couple of hours we caught a few sweep here and there but bugger all really,i got another parrot around the 36cm and evan got a pigfish at 32cm,ended up with 5 sweep ,2 parrot ,1 pigfish,going to give the sweep a go on the plate as fish cakes,old joey fished for 5hr for 1 sweep 1 sgt baker and 3 hook-ups to the bottom::) had a great day lol,we also got alot of scorpian cod today maybe they where the only ones hungry....sorry no pics nothing worth takin a photo of

cheers rosco

huskii
17-01-2010, 03:54 PM
hi mate 2 days in a row good work, i gave it a miss 2day too many people around on the nice days. Those scorpy cod r good eatin if you r careful when u handle em. I should of went r a run outside round point lookout but all the boats around yesterday put me off, anyway theres always next weekend.

rosco1974
17-01-2010, 07:24 PM
huskii,
we had bugger all boats around us all day,they must of all been at palmy or mermaid reef,think we had 1 boat near us for half an hour,biggest scorpy cod went 30cm so no legal size ones of those either,hopefully next weekend is good as well
cheers rosco