PDA

View Full Version : Humminbird software updates

hodges4
15-01-2010, 11:02 AM
Humminbird have been releasing software updates over the last few days and now have down imaging available for all, including the 797.

John

johndeere
16-01-2010, 05:41 PM
Can you tell us whether the software updates made any visible difference to the Hummingbird?

hodges4
17-01-2010, 05:49 AM
From Humminbird

Here's the wording on the Software:
1/14/2010 12:00:00 AM - v4.770
Adds Down Imaging. Adds LakeMaster compatibility. Adds GPS improvements.
Adds new 2D sonar color palettes. Adds New SI sonar color palettes.
Improves trolling motor noise rejection. Fixes Track offset issue. Changes
Depth Alarm Setting to be maintained in memory upon Power Off.
Automatically restores defaults when reprogramming unit. Adds additional
AIS message support. Fixes Disabled GPS output. Fixes Snapshots not
displaying in POS mode. Fixes Chart centering while changing orientation.
Fixes Navionics library drawing when no map is available. Fixes various
cosmetic and minor operational defects.

Craigo
18-01-2010, 09:57 PM
Just downloaded myself, cant wait to try the down imaging, if it is good as the side imaging should be fantastic.
Still having dramas getting depth to read at speed or stop going stupid when in really shallow water, WILL try the transducer in the 100th different position!

eugah
18-01-2010, 11:42 PM
I have downloaded the new software for my 777C2 & went for a trip to the reef today & whilst it is not SI compatable the update made major improvements to my sounder. It now reads the bottom better than it did before & at higher speeds, the only time it had any problems was when it started to get a little lumpy & the transducer was coming out of the water. I didn't even have to alter any of the sensitivity settings. I think the main difference in this is due to the new option to select deep or shallow salt water, as opposed to just salt before.

Adrian

hodges4
19-01-2010, 06:03 AM
Craigo

This site has a wealth of info on Humminbirds. It's mainly for sideimaging but tranducer mounting problems are the same. You may have to join the group before posting.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sideimaging/messages

John

Richard
19-01-2010, 06:53 AM
Thanks Adrian,

I have the 777 too and was wondering if the upgrade would was worth the hassle. I imported a PC cable at the same time i bought my sounder so I'll do the upgrade and see how it goes

Richard

Scalem
19-01-2010, 08:53 PM
I thought I had all the updates for my 788cxi combo, done only a month or so ago, but logged on to my humminbird account which showed more updates available.

Judging how big an improvement the last update made, I am looking forward to field testing .... maybe this weekend!::) Thanks for the heads up John.

Scalem