PDA

View Full Version : Stabicraft Bilge

MackerelMan
14-01-2010, 08:39 PM
For any Stabi owners, how is a Stabicraft sealed deck / bilge configured. The little I have seen it looks like deck water washes thru the slots at the back of the transom and into the bottom of the pod which is fully sealed from the rest of the hull. Water is pumped out using bilge pump as normal. Is the live well pump in the pod as well? Is this about right or have I missed something.

Thanks

Out-Station
15-01-2010, 03:46 PM
Speaking from my experiance with my old mans late model 609 - Yes your right, the floor runs of through those slots and drains into the pod which is sealed from the rest of the hull and pumps out via bilge. Those hose, scupper thingy's attached to the transom at floor level are not really scuppers in my book, but are good for when your washing out and i guess you could open them if she ever filled up and use them as scuppers. In the old mans 609 water runs in the top of them as waves wash over when at rest and then drains accross the transom floor through down into the pod, effectiveley a leak, i guess we could lengthen the hose pieces to get them up above water level and this would fix it.

Yes, the bait tank pump is in the pod, the manual pickup for the bait tank and deck wash runs up through the sealed section though and comes out of the floor in the back corner (19mm alloy pipe). Scoop (hood) for the manual pickup just welded to the bottom of the hull.

Cheers Scott

MackerelMan
15-01-2010, 04:51 PM
Hey Scott,

Thanks for that. I've only managed a quick look in them so its good to hear how they go from some one who knows. It looks like a good system. If you do get a gut full it looks like you can still keep the weight low in the water. It looks like the floor would drain into the bilge pretty quick.

Thanks again.