PDA

View Full Version : Borumba Info??

bermo82
14-01-2010, 01:50 PM
Hi all,

I'm off to Borumba in 3 weeks time and no very little about the dam and how to catch Bass.

Ive heard and had a look at spinnerbaits and am curious about how these are fished?

Do you jig them, cast and retrieve, use them for surface fish or deep water. any help would be great.

Also do you need to apply for a permit to fish borumba?

Any other bits and pieces of info would be great.

Bermo

darylive
14-01-2010, 04:58 PM
you need a Stocked Impoundment permit (SIP) available online from the Qld Gov site and plenty of parks around the dams.

Spinner baits, great contraption, mostly cast and retrieve. Search spinner baits or bass on here and you will be reading for days. If you go to Borumba drop into the dam van park and see Borumba Bob. There is also now a tackle shop in Imbil so go and see the locals.

Checkout
www.smak.com.au (http://www.smak.com.au)

www.bassmanspinnerbaits.com.au/tips.htm

and 'Come in spinner' makes a great one if you can find him?

Mike Delisser
14-01-2010, 06:07 PM
Tell the bastard nuthin!!!!!!!!!;D;D ;D ;D ;D

Only joking buddy.
Yeh spinnerbaits are good and esp easy to use, that would suit you Andrew;D
I'll lend you a few. If you're going to buy a lure I'd get a surface one, maybe a 7cm (could be 65mm) R2S Bubble Pop, about $11. Or a 1/4 to 1/2 oz blade though you could loose that. Better make a tackle back also, tiny bit of trawler neting, big shackle and some thin rope or strong cord.
You should take your flathead gear, the smaller plastics and 1/4 jig heads are fine, I know yours are in brand new nick ;D
Sip permit $7 a week, they sell the at the camping ground but not if you get there after dark.

Talk soon
Cheers

darylive
14-01-2010, 09:27 PM
Hey Mick I am hittin somerset this weekend, call in for a beer if you are there.

shane 234
15-01-2010, 07:28 AM
definaltey drop into the tackle shop first. i like to keep spinner baits light. 1/4 even 1/8. just move along a steep bank and cast to structure. you will notice some half suvmerged bushes as you move up the dam. i have pulled some huge togas from these.

i too am heading to somerset this week end (in fact leaving in 30 mins)

good luck

bermo82
15-01-2010, 09:38 AM
Thanks heaps shane and Darylive!!!

And Mike, ive been keeping my softies away from the lizards so they'll be ready for Borumba to give you a whooping;D

Will def give Borumba Bob a look and cheers again for the info. Be AFRAID Mike. hahahahahahahaha

Bermo

Mike Delisser
15-01-2010, 04:32 PM
Bring the Botchie set Andrew!!!!!!!!

bermo82
17-01-2010, 12:40 PM
No dramas Mike. it's packed!