PDA

View Full Version : HDS question

comfortably numb
12-01-2010, 02:55 PM
OK ready to buy a HDS tossing up between an 8 or a 7M + 5x.
What i want to know is can you scroll back on the sounder to get a gps reading of a feature on the screen when you have a pair of units like you can on the combo units? If you can do you need the expansion box thing to do it or just need the nmea connection?
Cheers, Matt

Bowser
13-01-2010, 05:53 AM
Matt, my understanding is that you only need the Ethernet connection for this, the NMEA won't do. I suggest you call Lowrance and the guys there will quickly confirm exactly what is needed.

SnappAttack
19-01-2010, 09:32 PM
I have just purchased HDS7M + 5X and really happy with them but have only had my boat in the water once so I have to explore them further

Good luck

Craig

OK ready to buy a HDS tossing up between an 8 or a 7M + 5x.
What i want to know is can you scroll back on the sounder to get a gps reading of a feature on the screen when you have a pair of units like you can on the combo units? If you can do you need the expansion box thing to do it or just need the nmea connection?
Cheers, Matt

comfortably numb
20-01-2010, 06:07 PM
Gday Craig
Keep us updated on how you go. I think Bowser is right, it looks like you do need the ethernet connection for the trackback feature. Plenty of screen size with the
5+7 ? Wouldnt mind seeing some pics if you have some

whiteman
21-01-2010, 12:59 PM
The "7" is badly named. It should be "6" as it is 6.4 inches.

SnappAttack
22-01-2010, 07:13 AM
I cant talk. i put my 9 inches on a ruler the other day and found I was only 6 inches:( . my wife wasn't surprised thou

SnappAttack
22-01-2010, 07:15 AM
off to 1770 today. when i get back in 10days, you can come over to look at in the flesh. i live in calamvale