PDA

View Full Version : Doonybrook ramp secuirity

Tailortaker
12-01-2010, 12:46 PM
g'day all, I'm about to go up to mission point for 5 nights and usally launch from bribie and take car & trailer home will i'm gone but this time i was cosidering towing the boat to doonybrook as I'll need 2 loads. The car will have to be parked there for 5 nights. Is it usually pretty safe for the car there or is there a chane of vandalism ? I know that it's usually a pretty quiet and nice town but I always worry about my pride and joy.
Cheers TT.

P.s Sorry mods if this is in the wrong section

Fishbait
12-01-2010, 03:54 PM
I'd just make the two trips from Bribie - lock up car and trailer in the VMR yard - plenty of space at the moment. Have fun camping! Cheers, Darren

Kondo 1
12-01-2010, 04:44 PM
Hey mate,

Spent a fair bit of time at Donnybrook over the years and never had any dramas - but I certainly wouldn't be leaving my car and trailer unattended for 5 days at any ramp.

Have a good trip.

Tailortaker
12-01-2010, 06:22 PM
Thanks guys, I'll be back and forth everyday but it's the in between that worries me.

shrunken pojie
12-01-2010, 07:13 PM
TT,

I have left my car there for long weekends a couple of times and never had an issue.

Phill

BR65
12-01-2010, 07:28 PM
Id think it was OK, but 5 days/nites is a long time, and thieving dog grubs dont need much of an invitation now days mate.
If it was me I wouldnt do it.
If you do do it, can I suggest dont park under the big mango tree, the pride and joy will be covered in fruit bat shite!

Kleyny
12-01-2010, 08:46 PM
I leave my car/ trailer there all the time, Friends have left them there for 2 weeks straight.

I do try and get a park on under or near the big mango tree so you can reverse your trailer and jam it against the coppers log stumps.

When are you leaving?

What site are you staying on?
neil

Tailortaker
12-01-2010, 09:08 PM
thanks for the info, Leaving thursday, site 6. Feel free to drop in and say g'day
Cheers

tunaticer
12-01-2010, 10:32 PM
You could ask one of the older locals there if they would mind parking it at their place for a small fee. Sometimes it pays to be interactive with the locals on matters like this.

mattyd
13-01-2010, 02:26 PM
Pretty sure it's right opposite a caravan park there. At least you will have plenty of eyes on your pride & joy day & night (hopefully for the right reasons!).

Personally I would be trying the Bribie VMR as Fishbait suggested above.

Tailortaker
13-01-2010, 04:20 PM
Thanks everyone, The VMR idea is good but I'm close to the ramp at bribie and usually take the car and trailer home but was hoping that by towing the boat to doonybrook i'd save a lot of distance on the water. We have decided to take one load from bribie in the boat and the wife will take another in her little car and leave that at Doonybrook as she can park it somewhere better than under the mango tree.
Cheers TT

Kero
13-01-2010, 04:28 PM
I often leave my car & trailer at Bongaree while camping at Mission Pt.
There is a caravan park directly across the road, with plenty of mature eyes watching the comings & goings. Never had a problem!