PDA

View Full Version : Live Bait Tank Timers

FireFly
11-01-2010, 10:03 PM
Hi All,

Wanting to install an auto-timer to the live bait tank so that it runs 30sec on & 1min off.

I have found a few versions available on ebay but has anyone had any experience with these things... do they do the job or are they gimmicks? What kind have you got and has it lasted?

Thanks,
Rob.

cam0511
12-01-2010, 03:16 AM
Hi Rob,

I purchased on of the versions that you are probably talking about nearly 2 years ago and it is still going strong. It is on for approx 35 seconds and off for about 2.5 minutes. I find this cycle will keep a tank full of mullet alive all day and/or night but obviously other factors come into play such as the size of the bait tank, the size of the pump, water temp and the type of aerator that you are using.

It is particularly handy at night when the sound of the bait tank pump can wreck the serenity!! This way I can't forget to turn the pump back on if I turn it of for a break from the noise. I could not be happier with the purchase and consider it money well spent. I also found that the fitting instructions were easy to follow which was a bonus.

PM me if you want the details of the brand that I fitted as I am not sure of the rules about naming companies.

FireFly
12-01-2010, 09:38 PM
Thanks for this useful info Cam. Hadn't thought of the night time thing so that's another added bonus I guess :)

Cheers Rob