PDA

View Full Version : Hull Clean

the baker
11-01-2010, 04:34 PM
A question for the tinnie owners out there.

What is the best stuff to clean your hull with is Allybrite any good any help would be great.

Thanks Dave.

Wahoo
11-01-2010, 04:53 PM
Hi Dave,Yes allybrite is good if its the pink stuff, mix it 7:1 and keep working it, dont let it dry or it will only streek, try and tarp up the trailer as the gal dont seem to like it

Cheers
Daz

Member101
11-01-2010, 05:17 PM
i use aluminium cleaner from bcf. About $10 bucks for a 1 litre bottle. Mix it 50/50 with water in a spray bottle and have a mate and some beers handy. spray it on, have a suck on some beer and hose it off. Dont do it on the grass though!!!
1 litre did my 4.15m tinny and it came up great!!!

FNQCairns
11-01-2010, 05:33 PM
What of of finish are you blokes getting from these cleaners?

cheers fnq

the baker
14-01-2010, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the help.

Dave.

oldboot
14-01-2010, 09:38 PM
just a word of caution... allibright and some other alloy cleaners may contain "Hydrofluric acid"... which is very nasty stuff.

Do some reading on "Hydrofluric acid" before you use any products containing it.

Hell yeh it cleans metal realy well... but once you have read about it you may either want to take your PPE and precautions more seriously or not use it at all.

just quickly and crudely......it reacts with calcuim in the body......calcium is necessary for brain and nerve function......appart from bones and stuff

The QLD government has a brocure on the dangers of this stuff ( soory havn't got links).

I am surprised that it is permitted in retail products.

cheers