PDA

View Full Version : Mercury Big Tiller and power steering

Kondo 1
11-01-2010, 04:11 PM
Gday Guys,

Just wondering has anyone actually used the new big tiller and power steering system from Mercury??

I am considering one on a 75 or 90 hp opti and would love some feedback on its performance.

Cheers.

Jarrah Jack
11-01-2010, 09:23 PM
Did you see the photo's of that small cat with the 250 merc tiller steer in the thread a few months ago. If it worked ok on that beast then yours should be a piece of cake. I think a few members were going to have a ride in one. They may not have survived. If you read the thread you should be able to get a few details.

Don't know how to post a link but you should be able to find the thread with an advanced search.

Kondo 1
12-01-2010, 06:27 AM
Did you see the photo's of that small cat with the 250 merc tiller steer in the thread a few months ago. If it worked ok on that beast then yours should be a piece of cake. I think a few members were going to have a ride in one. They may not have survived. If you read the thread you should be able to get a few details.

Don't know how to post a link but you should be able to find the thread with an advanced search.

Hey mate - sure did, had a yarn to the builder and he said it was awesome, but just looking to see if anyone else out there has had a crack at one.

I mean to me it look great, I have a 50 yammie tiller at the moment and whilst I love it after a solid day in the boat you do feel it thats for sure.

Cheers mate.