PDA

View Full Version : Lookout King

Horse
10-01-2010, 04:24 PM
I hit the waters off Pt Lookout early this morning. My deckie could not make it so I ended up heading off solo. I grabbed some livies (thanks Pete ;) and took the over to the group so that they could have a bit of a swim around::) . The first baits were just in the water and the slow trolling just started when the deep line went off. After a bit of a tussle a nice YT King hits the deck. Not a Maccy but still very welcome. Two more livies were hit producing a couple of smaller kings that were released.
A bit a high speed troll to look for Hoo and Dollies a and then back inside for an early mark.
Running down the Rainbow I realised that I still had a few livies so I pulled up on some structure and extracted a nice Gold Spot Cod. I thought a few Calamari would top the dinner off so I ran over to the bank for a quick jig. First cast and i'm into a reasonable Squid. It went quiet for a while until my livey was attacked by a massive Squid. It is easily the biggest Bay Squid I gave seen. It ripped the Yakka off the snooded hooks and raced off with it. I pulled one of its companions to make up a feed then took off for home.
It was a great day out and a few fish topped it off

Cheers

Neil

lethal098
10-01-2010, 05:00 PM
top stuff Neil, sometimes the solo trips are the ones you remember most, Some good size squid as well.

cheers Lee

captain rednut
10-01-2010, 07:51 PM
hey neil
good to see you catchen a few and putting some hours on the motor.
cheers jim

Horse
10-01-2010, 07:57 PM
hey neil
good to see you catchen a few and putting some hours on the motor.
cheers jim
Thanks for getting it back on line for us. Its running great. I slow trolled livies today for well over an hour at idle and she ran smooth and no fouling. It never used to be like that. After 20-30 mins I would have to give it a squirt to clean it out

madmackrel
11-01-2010, 07:50 AM
8-) Good work Neil, tried to call you on 21 , must have been to busy catching fish.
Cheers Perry8-)

cobiaman
11-01-2010, 05:53 PM
good onya neil, nice fish

Horse
11-01-2010, 06:18 PM
8-) Good work Neil, tried to call you on 21 , must have been to busy catching fish.
Cheers Perry8-)

I heard some chatter early then nothing. I might have radio probs

Fish_gutz
11-01-2010, 06:53 PM
Nice Mixed bag there, gotta be happy with that. was there plenty on livies on the coffee rock or did you get them elsewhere? cheers Andrew

Lucky_Phill
11-01-2010, 07:23 PM
mmmmm Calamari......

Always a top day when a fish hits the esky.

LP.

bayfisher
11-01-2010, 07:27 PM
Nice couple of fish Neil, looks like those hoos and mackies are being elusive this year :P

bugman
11-01-2010, 07:33 PM
I'll take the squid:P

skipjack
11-01-2010, 07:44 PM
Well done, I am still pi*%ed I could not make it. Shame about the maccy's though.
Bloody nice feed there, How did the kingy cook up?